Oscar is released on 1st August 2013 and aren’t we excited. Oscar brings along even more exciting and wonderful features than its brother, Elvin. Elvin brought about the simple but highly versatile Twenty-Twelve theme. While the Twenty-Thirteen theme is one that is “loud” and expressive with 1 color for each different post type and specially designed for media rich blogging.

So what’s new?

• Auto-saving – This is my favourite feature. I no longer have to worry about losing an unfinished posting just because I accidentally close my browser or computer freezes. With 3.6, posts will be autosaved locally.
  • Time-bar for revision history – Instead of clicking the hyperlink below to see the revision history of each posting. 3.6 post revisions UI had a little time-bar on the top that allows you to go back and forth to see the changes made with each save. Super Cool!

Source: CMS.fr

• Post Formats – 3.6 makes the post formats selection more up-front on the top menu. The post formats for each posting is also visible from the list of postings.
  • Collaboration – It gears towards becoming like a wiki and allows you to see who is editing on a posting while you are working on it and allows you to even take over the editing from someone else and kicked them out. ;-P In line with the auto-saving mode, it also meant that each author will have their own “saving” stream and I don’t have to worry about losing everything I worked when i saved because someone else had worked on it earlier than me.
  • Native Audio/Video files – You can load audio and video files onto your media library and embed these files into your posts without relying on a plugin or a third-party media hosting service.
  • New Menu Editor The Menu Editor is now much easier to understand and use. Navigation menus have been simplified with an accordion-based UI, and a separate tab for bulk-assigning menus to locations.

Watch below video for all these exciting features : –

Time to upgrade!!

Image credit : Dodaj komentarz