About Me

Hi all who visit this blog! My name is Kastoori and I am a final year student majoring in Linguistics and Multilingual Studies and minoring in psychology. My hobbies include taking long walks in Singapore’s nature parks, traveling when I have the time and money and reading widely. I have a special soft spot for wildlife and wildlife conservation as I grew up surrounded by birds of many different varieties. My dad being a bird lover has reared more than 25 birds in his lifetime. The most memorable pets of these that I have had were the cockatoos, robins and the lovebirds that grew up with me and formed a significant part of my life at home.

I would like to mention a special thanks to Dr Michael Gumert, our instructor for the course, Conservation Psychology, as his introduction and undertaking of the course has spiked great interest in me on the area of conservation and the vital roles psychology plays in influencing the ecosystem. In the future, I hope to do my best in helping threatened species around the world and also hope to be more significantly involved in volunteer groups that help promote awareness of the environmental crisis we are currently facing.

Hope you guys enjoy this blog:)