You can’t make a scene in our libraries but you can do so at Project Video Booth outside Lee Wee Nam Library & you might win attractive prizes for doing so!
Only NTU staff & students are eligible to win these Project Video Booth contest prizes. Giveaways at Project Video Booth are sponsored by:
Join us at these sessions to discover resources & services for you, at NTU Libraries! Click on your preferred sessions below to register!
We present to you useful information, services & resources in this issue with:
- Really? Librarians Can Support Faculty in How Many Ways? by Dianne Cmor, Deputy University Librarian
- Introducing the 12-week Loan for Teaching Staff by Wong Oi May, Senior Librarian (Access Services)
- New Staff: Caroline Pang, Head, Medical Library & Senior Assistant Director, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
- QR Codes in the Library Catalogue by Du Juan, Assistant Director (Library Technology & Systems)
- Downloading Articles via Google Scholar by Tint Hla Hal Htoo, Senior Librarian (Library Technology & Systems)
- Confluences: An Intertwining Take on Art and Science by Faith Teh, Head, NTU Art & Heritage Museum
- NTU Confessions: Why are People Confessing their Secrets on Facebook? by Chua Junjie, Social Sciences Librarian (Psychology)
- Share it. give it up! – A joint message by NTU Libraries and NTU Student Union
- World Press Freedom Day: Not Just Another News Day by Debra L’ Angellier, Communication Librarian (Advertising, PR, Broadcast & Film)
- DATA at your Fingertips by Joan Wee, Social Sciences Librarian (Economics)
- Exciting Events at Chinese Library by Wu Yaoyao, Chinese Studies Librarian (Chinese Language & Culture)
Think you know the ScienceDirect & Scopus databases? Put your knowledge to test at http://asia.elsevier.com/onlinequiz2013! P.S. Hints provided at each question 😉
Intending to get an iPad mini this year? You’ll never know, you might win one if you “SPRING” into this online quiz at http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/go/SPRING2013!
Answers for this quiz can be found at http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/ & http://wileyasiablog.com/. So what are you waiting for?! Get started today!
Do you read The Straits Times or any other news media in Singapore? Have you ever wondered how editors and journalists in Singapore make their decisions on what are the stories to be published for the day?
Come and enrich your mind with this talk.
For more details, see the poster below.To register, click here.
Capture the essence of ”LibraryLand” – People, Places, Possibilities – and become the next famous photographer in NTU (and win the new iPad as well!) by participating in this photo contest.
For more details and the terms & conditions of this contest, please click here.
Submit your snaps to email@example.com before 31 May 2013!