This bibliography is useful for undergraduate students interested to find out more about marketing research. It is organized according to books, e-books, print & electronic journals and web resources. Content at a Glance What is Marketing Research? Books...read more
Books offer detailed information and clarification about a certain topic and assist the reader in understanding the topic better.
You can either BROWSE the book collection in the Library OR SEARCH the catalogue for list of relevant books.
Browsing the Collection
The main marketing collection is located in the Business Library at Level B1. Most of the titles relating to marketing have call numbers starting with HF. Call numbers, usually located at the spine of a book, inform users of the physical locations of the books in the libraries. Books with similar content will share similar call numbers. The major marketing areas and their range of call numbers are shown below. Please note that other relevant marketing books can also be found in other library locations.
|Communication in Marketing||HF5415.123 – 5415.124|
|Marketing Management||HF5415.13 – 5415.16|
|Marketing Research||HF5415.2 – 5415.34|
|Customer Relations||HF5415.5 – 5415.55|
|Advertising||HF5801 – 6182|
Searching for Books
Besides browsing the collection in Business Library, you can search our Library Catalogue for books relating to marketing.
Need help in searching our Library Catalogue? Check out these useful searching Tips from our FAQs.
Below is a list of books based on specific marketing topics. These titles are available in the Library, click on the topics to check its availability in the Library.
- Social Marketing
- Market Segmentation
- Marketing Channels
- Communication in Marketing
- Branding (Marketing)
Book not available in the library? Recommend it to us.
Staff can submit the recommendation through the StaffLink under Resource Request > Library Services > Book Recommendation.
Students can send an e-mail to email@example.com with the book details like ‘Title’, ‘Author’/’Editor’, ‘Place of Publication’, ‘Publisher’ or ‘Producer’, ‘Date of Publication’, ‘ISBN’, ‘Edition’ and ‘Price’.
E-books or electronic books are the digital version of print books, designed to be read on a personal computer with Internet connection or downloaded onto an e-book reader.
Searching through the Library Catalogue
You can search for e-books in the Library Catalogue
- Click on ‘Advanced Search’
- Type in “e-book” in a search box and choose the ‘keyword’ field label
- Type in your search term(s) in any of the search boxes with the appropriate field label (example: ‘author’, ‘title’, ‘subject’ and etc)
- Within the search result screen, click on the URL at the right bottom of the title displayed.
- Enter your NTU Network username and password if prompted
Browsing through the e-books Providers
Another way to look for e-books is to go through the e-book providers’ search platforms. Some major e-book providers the Library subscribes to:
- Wiley Online Library
To find business-related Under the ‘Subject Collection’ section, click on ‘Business and Economics’ tab. Next, in the left-hand panel, under ‘Publication’, select ‘Book’.
Selected e-books in the field of Marketing that are available in the Library are listed below. Click on the book title to launch the title. Login with your NTU Network username and password if prompted.
- Handbook of Marketing Decision Models
- Reputation Transfer to enter new B-to-B Markets: Measuring and Modelling Approaches
- Retailing in the 21st century: Current and Future Trends
- The Relationship Marketer: Rethinking Strategic Relationship Marketing
- Statistical Noise or Valuable Information: the Role of Extreme Cases in Marketing Research
- YouTube for Business: Online Video Marketing for any Business
Print copy is also available in the Business Library.
Call No.: HF5415.1265.M649
- Blue Ocean Strategy: How to create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant
Print copy is also available in the Lee Wee Nam Library.
Call No.: HF5415.153.K49
Reference books are special types of books that are referred to when one needs quick and basic information. They are usually not read from cover to cover.
Examples of reference books include dictionaries, handbooks, encyclopedias, yearbooks, abstracts, almanacs, biographies and etc.
A select list of reference titles on marketing is presented below. Click on the hyperlinked titles to check availability in the NTU Library. Electronic copies are denoted as [e-book] and direct access will be provided if available.
- The Marketing Plan Handbook
Call No.: HF5415.13.W877
- Friends with Benefits: A Social Media Marketing Handbook
Call No.: HF5415.1265.B248
- The SAGE Handbook of International Marketing
Call No.: HF1416.S129
- The Mobile Marketing Handbook: A Step-by-Step Guide to creating Dynamic Mobile Marketing Campaigns
Call No.: HF5415.1265.D972
- The Handbook of Field Marketing: A Complete Guide to Understanding and Outsourcing Face-to-Face Direct Marketing
Call No.: HF5415.126.W721
- The Product Manager’s Desk Reference
Call No.: HF5415.15.H153
- The Handbook of International Trade: A Guide to the Principles and Practice of Export
Call No.: HF1416.6.G7H236
- Marketing Research Project Manual
Call No.: HF5415.2.M722
- The Complete Guide to Google Advertising: Including Tips, Tricks, & Strategies to create a Winning Advertising Plan
Call No.: HF5415.1265.B877C
- Handbook on Tourism Destination Branding
Call No.: G155.A1B942
- Handbook of Marketing Research Methodologies for Hospitality and Tourism
Call No.: TX911.3.M3N995H
Dictionaries & Encyclopedias
- The Advanced Dictionary of Marketing: Putting Theory to Use
Call No.: HF5412.D118
- Encyclopedia of Major Marketing Campaign
Call No.: HF5837.E56 V2
- Concise Encyclopedia of Professional Services Marketing
Call No.: HF5415.C648
- The 100 Best Business Books of all time: What they Say, Why they Matter, and How they can Help you
Call No.: Z7164.C81C873
- Who’s Buying by Race and Hispanic Origin
Call No.: HF5415.33.U6W628
- Who’s Buying by Age
Call No.: HF5415.33.U6W628W
Find relevant information on marketing from the Library’s subscribed databases listed below. Click the database title to launch it. Login with your NTU Network username and password if prompted.
- Business Source Premier
This database provides full text scholarly business journals covering management, economics, finance, accounting, international business, marketing & MIS. View its Database information page.
Fifty Lessons films the world’s most successful business people to obtain the most important lessons they have learnt in the course of their careers. What is captured is a wealth of compelling video stories that range across the spectrum of business life: from the fine art of commercial negotiation to the perilous waters of organizational change, to the fundamentals of customer service. It has a growing library of over 1000 personal, pertinent, and powerful video stories from over 100 respected and successful business leaders from around the world. View its Database information page.
- MarketLine Advantage
MarketLine Advantage offers a collection of business information on company, industry and country profiles that facilitate a better understanding of the different global markets. It covers public and private companies across every major industry sector and also provides economic and demographic indicator, market data and forecasts, company, industry and country profile reports as well as financial deals, comments and news articles. View its Database information page.
Passport, previously known as Global Market Information Database (GMID), is an online business information system providing business intelligence on countries, consumers and industries. It offers integrated access to statistics, reports, topical comment and business information sources. View its Database information page.
- Business Monitor Online
Business Monitor Online provides business information on global emerging markets. It covers political risk, finance, macroeconomic performance, outlook and forecast, industry sectors and the business operating environment. It comprises three service tiers – country risk, industry analysis and company intelligence. View its Database information page.
- Emerald Management Xtra
Emerald Management Xtra, a collection of more than 75,000 full text articles, 200,000 reviews from management journals, plus case studies, literature reviews, book reviews, conference information, interviews, and profiles. View its Database information page.
Factiva provides news and business information. It covers 10,000 sources from more than 159 countries in 22 languages and offers more than 400 continuously updated newswires. It also provides information on both private and public companies from Reuters Fundamentals, Datamonitor and D&B™, executive sources include Standard & Poor’s Register of Executives, Marquis Who’s Who and ZoomInfo, and industry reports from Thomson Financial, Freedonia, IBISWorld, etc. View its Database information page.
EMIS, previously known as ISI Emerging Markets, provides extensive, in-depth business intelligence on more than 30 of the world’s main emerging economies in Asia, Central and Eastern Europe and Latin America. It provides contents such as current news, company financial statements, company profiles, industry reports, and legal and political information. View its Database information page.
OneSource provides a spectrum of key business and contact information, integrated from over 30 various content providers, offering in-depth company profiles, corporate financials, parents & subsidiaries, company & Industry analyst reports, executive listings & biographies, news wires, trade & business press, industry overviews, trends and market research. View its Database information page.
- ProQuest Entrepreneurship
ProQuest Entrepreneurship provides entrepreneurs with one single access point to tools specifically gathered for the needs of entrepreneurship. It offers easy access to the latest information on business topics such as business start-up, management and leadership, marketing and sales, and product development. Available contents include business cases, full-text journals, market research, and video clips.
Scopus is a multi-disciplinary database that brings you the broadest available coverage of scientific, technical, medical and social sciences literature from over 4,000 international publishers .Users can set up search & citation alerts for their research purpose by creating a personal profile and login. View its Database information page.
Academic journals are the main communication channel for academic researchers and industry practitioners to disseminate their research findings.
NTU Library Subscribed E-journals A-to-Z list
If you have a specific journal in mind, always try to find the electronic copy in the NTU Library Subscribed E-journals A-to-Z list first. There are four ways you can search the list:
- Browse the index of e-journal providers (if you are familiar with the journal publishers like Wiley, Elsevier and etc)
- Search for titles subscribed by the library. E-journal title search can be done with ‘Title Name’, ‘Publisher Name’, ‘ISSN’, ‘Subjects’ or all of the above
- Browse by Subjects
- Browse a list of free e-journals
The search result will present the databases that the journal can be found in and the period covered. Click on the database title to proceed.
Selected list of e-journals
Below are lists of e-journals which are categorised into various Marketing topics. Click on the journal title to launch the title. Login with your NTU Network username and password if prompted.
- Australasian Marketing Journal
- European Journal of Marketing
- Journal of Marketing
- Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science
- Marketing Science
- Journal of Consumer Marketing
- Journal of international consumer marketing
- Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services
- Journal of Services Marketing
Hospitality and Tourism
Other Marketing Areas
- Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics
- International Journal of Bank Marketing
- International Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing
- International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship
- Journal of Marketing For Higher Education
- Marketing Intelligence & Planning
- Psychology and Marketing
We also have the print equivalent of some journals. Marketing related journals are located in Business Library level B2 (for the current issue) and level B4 (for the older issue). Alternatively, you can check the Library Catalogue for the print journals available in the Library. Do restrict your search to ‘Journal Title’ to narrow your results.
Important Note: Articles titles are not searchable in the Library Catalogue. You can only search for the journal titles.
- Eco-Preneurs [videorecording]: Business Goes Green Call No.: HD69.N3E19
- Consuming Kids [videorecording]: The Commercialization of Childhood Call No.: A577518
- Killing Us Softly 4 [videorecording]: Advertising’s Image of Women Call No.: B585100
- Mobile Strategies [videorecording] Call No.: A584859
- Mad Men. Season two [videorecording] Call No.: J579627 Discs 1-4
- North by Northwest [videorecording] Call No.: PN1995.9.D4N864 1009
- Mad Men. Season one [videorecording] Call No.: E579107 Discs 1-4
- Best of 2008 [videorecording]: Clio Gold Plus Call No.: L578562
- How the kids took over [videorecording] Call No.: F584730
- Buying into Sexy [videorecording] Call No.: K584729
- Best of 2007 [videorecording]: Clio Gold Plus Call No.: G578414
- Historic drive-in theatre ads [videorecording] Call No.: HF6161.M7H673
Here are some selected web resources to help kick start your search.
Associations & Organizations
Browsing the Reserves collection
Reserve titles for Marketing are located at the Reserves section in the Library Outpost (Level 1 of the Learning Hub South). They are marked for 2-hour loan. Borrow them with your student card using the self-service machines located within the Reserves section. Return them on time as overdue fines are set at S$0.50 per hour.
Searching for Reserves
- Click the Reserves tab on the top right-hand side
- Key in the course code
- Click Lookup Items on Reserve by Course Number
See diagram below.
You can access reports and work done by NTU students such as Final Year Reports (FYP), Industrial Attachment (IA) Reports and Theses and Dissertations in our Digital Repository, DR-NTU (Restricted Access). As these are located in the restricted collection, you will need to log in using your NTU network username and password.
You can also do a search if you have some keywords in mind, or browse by ‘Titles’, ‘Authors’, ‘Subjects’ or ‘Date’.
NTU Library collects staff papers in our Digital Repository, DR-NTU (Open Access). Its aim is to capture, store, preserve and most importantly promote the scholarly output of Nanyang Technological University to the global research community.
NBS Business Staff Papers
We encourage research staff to deposit their research papers with us in the Digital Repository, DR-NTU (Open Access). Currently, many publishers allow the self-archiving of publications in institutional repositories. To find out if the journals or publishers that you are working with allow self-archiving, please refer to the Copyright Policies and Archiving Guidelines from Sherpa Romeo.
If you would like to submit your journal articles or conference papers for inclusion into the NBS collection, please follow the instructions regarding the submissions to our Digital Repository, DR-NTU.
According to the American Marketing Association, “Marketing is the activity, set of institutions, and processes for creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large.”
You may like to watch the following videos to learn more about Marketing:
- Marketing in times of Economic Uncertainty
Here are some introductory books in the NTU Library you might be interested in:
- The big book of marketing: lessons and best practices from the world’s greatest companies / edited by Anthony G. Bennett
Call No.: HF5415.B592B
- Essential readings in marketing: new advances in 2006-2010 / Ruth N. Bolton, and Ross Rizley, editors
Call No.: HF5415.E78M
- The fundamentals of marketing / Edward Russell
Call No.: HF5415.13.R962
- International marketing / Michael R. Czinkota, Ilkka A. Ronkainen
Call No.: HF1009.5.C998 2010
- Marketing: an introduction / Gary Armstrong, Philip Kotler
Call No.: HF5415.K87 2011
- The marketing plan handbook / Marian Burk Wood
Call No.: HF5415.13.W877 2011
- Marketing strategy: a decision-focused approach / Orville C. Walker, Jr., John W. Mullins
Call No.: HF5415.13.W182 2011
- Marketing theory: foundations, controversy, strategy, resource-advantage theory / Shelby D. Hunt
Call No.: HF5415.H943M
- The big book of marketing: lessons and best practices from the world’s greatest companies / edited by Anthony G. Bennett
Hi, I’m Alan, subject librarian for Marketing. Feel free to contact me for:
- Enquiries about library resources
- Requests for new resources
- Library orientation & tours
- Instructional classes
- Research Assistance
Lee Wee Nam Library Level 5
Tel: (65) 6316 8751 Fax: (65) 6791 4637