Graduate Studies Blog

Article written by R.Shweta
MSc Accountancy Class of 2017

The saying ‘time flies’, really does hold true. It feels like just yesterday that I was accepted into the MSc Accountancy programme at NBS and attended the welcome tea. I was excited yet nervous at leaving behind my old job and life and embarking on a new journey in my career. I recall the fun-filled orientation session that had planned for us. Our stamina and ‘fitness’ levels were indeed tested, as we raced around NTU to complete the Amazing Race tasks. It was also a great opportunity to get to know our fellow classmates and share some bonding moments.

Although the orientation session and games helped to ‘break the ice’ among us classmates, the true bonding took place in real-time through all the times spent together and cracking our brains over the challenging modules! It really helps to have a bunch of comrades to sweat together and share the fruits of our labor. The past one year has been bittersweet. Challenges were aplenty as we tackled modules of increasing technical difficulty and were swamped with projects and assignments.

Amidst all the stress, we also found time to relax and engage in ‘stress-relieving’ activities. The ones I will remember most fondly are the times spent ‘chit-chatting’ in between class breaks, lunches and dinners outside of school and reliving the student life all over again. I must say I became very familiar with the West side of Singapore in one year!

It was a bittersweet feeling after writing my last paper last week. Although happy at having completed all the academic challenges, my heart felt heavy knowing that it would be some time before I saw my classmates again. With that, here’s a picture taken at the end of our Strategy class with Prof Clive Choo.