Paul Victor Patinadan – Santander Researcher Mobility Award 2019

Congratulations to Paul Victor Patinadan (PhD Student of Psychology) for winning the prestigious Santander Researcher Mobility Award, a collaborative accolade by the University of Surrey and Santander Universities presented at the Doctoral College Conference on 10 July 2019. The title of his oral presentation was “Understanding and Facilitating Dignified Death and Holistic End of Life Care”. The Santander Researcher Mobility Award is presented to promising specialist researchers in order to encourage international exchange and facilitate cross-border collaboration.

Paul’s reflection on the award:

“It was an honour and privilege to present my work at the University of Surrey Doctoral College Conference 2019. The thrust of the conference was “Bridging the Gap”, and the event achieved that objective exceedingly well. I met many international academics from all walks of life and across different disciplines. It was humbling to share in their knowledge, experience, wisdom, and struggles in initiating positive social change. I was heartened to have so many veteran researchers interested in the work I do, and I experienced a professional kinship that I am thankful to have discovered. I would like to extend my deepest gratitude to my mentor and supervisor Professor Andy Ho, and to my wonderful colleagues at ARCH (Action Research for Community Health) Lab of SSS Psychology, who continue to inspire and guide me every single day.”

Paul presenting his Dignity Research at the Doctoral College Conference 2019 at the University of Surrey, UK.