The uploaded image can be edited in WordPress. The detailed steps are listed as shown.
- Click on ‘Add Media’ button above the post editor. The media up-loader interface will show up.
- Select an image and click on ‘Edit Image’ link in Attachment Details panel.
- There are 5 available options to edit an image: Crop, Rotate, Flip, Scale , Undo and Redo.
Alternatively, you can go directly to the editing page of the media library in the left panel. Hover mouse over the image for ‘Edit’ link and click on ‘Edit Image’ button.
- Crop: Click and drag your mouse to select the cropping area. You may re-size the cropping area by editing the white square along the dotted line.
Click to preview and click on ‘Save’ to save the changes made.
- Scale: Click on ‘Scale Image’ to expand for more options. Input the new dimensions and click on ‘Scale’ to scale the image.
(Note: The image can only be reduced in size.)
Although there is an option to restore the original image, it is encouraged to keep a copy of the image.
- Undo and Redo: Click on to undo changes made or to redo changes made.
Click to learn how to add image to a post/page.