1. Use the microphone to ensure that everyone in the lecture theatre can hear, especially for those who are sitting at the back. This will also help in controlling the noise level in class.
2. Reinforce the idea that the individual readiness tests should be done without discussing with teammates.
1. The earth is not cooling rapidly due to the greenhouse effect. Energy radiated by the earth is absorbed by the atmosphere. The greenhouse effect is essentially the process by which atmosphere gases trap and return infrared radiation radiated from the Earth’s surface.
2. This cartoon does not justify. Global warming is about extreme temperature fluctuations. It is not about hot places getting hotter, but also cold places getting colder. There is also a difference between local weather and global climate. Low temperatures in one region may not equate to colder global climate.
3. All the radars were not successful, because transmitters are operating at frequencies that are too low. The microwaves then have too little energy to rotate the water molecules.
4. In the short run, we think that air quality will play a huge role because of the immediate repercussions that polluted air will have on human health. For the long run, ozone depletion is of a large concern because it can lead to skin cancer. Global warming will also play a huge role as the earth’s temperature will continue to rise as well as the sea level, which may destroy settlements such as in Venice and Louisiana. More heat waves resulting from global warming will cause serious health risks such as heat stroke.
Location: Tables outside LT22
Duration: 1.5 hours
Met up before class to complete the About The Team and Introduction pages. Everyone was present.
Under Introduction, we provided our reasons for why we chose to focus on HDPE. It is one of the top three most utilized polymers in the word, but it is not easily biodegradable. We found a video, pictures, and graphs to further illustrate how common HDPE is in society and the many uses of it.
We had problems trying to figure out how to add multiple posts to the new pages we created. Still a little confused about how wordpress works so we will have to request for assistance during the clinic later on.
Things to do before our next meeting:
-Research more about our topic
Location: Whatsapp and Google doc
Duration: 2 hours
Met online to brainstorm topics for the group project. Everyone was present.
We decided on high-density polyethylene (HDPE) as it is the most common form of plastic in the world. Came up with a brief outline of our project — introduction, production, uses, advantages and disadvantages.
Emailed prof about our choice of topic and are now awaiting his reply.
Things to be done before the next meeting:
– Everyone to complete their individual profile on the About Team page