About the CoLab4Good Fund
CoLab4Good aims to:
- Build student capacity for learning and leadership through community service, civic participation, and educational efforts.
- Instil a sense of community through partnerships, which contributes to enhancing the community’s quality of life and student learning.
Full-time NTU students and registered NTU Student Organisations have an opportunity to apply for one of the following types of project grants:
- For individuals – Community-Based Project Grant: Funds students up to $1,500 for a community-based service initiative. Projects must be led by at least two students, and for projects led together with non-NTU students, more than 50% of the project team must be NTU students.
- For student organisations – Collaborative Project Grant: Funds up to $5,000 for a community-based project in which two or more NTU student organisations collaborate together to address a social issue.
Use of Grants
Grants may be used for project costs, such as event costs, catering, supplies and community partner support. Excluded items include canvassing expenses, personal transport, speaker/performer fees and T-shirt production.
Submissions must be made at least six weeks prior to the commencement of the project.
The CoLab4Good Fund does not support the following:
- Canvasing projects (e.g. bake sale, car wash, “Karang Guni” etc)
- Overseas community projects
- Projects that are confined to sectional interests (e.g. race, political groups etc) or serve an exclusively religious purpose
- Social events with no community benefit
If you seek funds for an overseas community project or an on-campus event (e.g. FOC, dinner, talks, student networking sessions etc), please check with Student Affairs Office if your project qualifies for event funding.
To apply, submit your project details through StudentLink here.
CoLab4Good is a social initiative inspired by a visionary gift from prominent business leader and CSR advocate, Mr Kwek Leng Joo. CoLab4Good helps provide support and developmental opportunities for youth who aspire, as global citizens and future leaders, to make positive and meaningful impact in the community. Programmes include the CoLab4Good Fund which supports student initiated Ground-Up community projects and social enterprises.