About Me

My name is Nicklaus and I am Psychology major Nanyang Technological University (Class of 2019). I developed a strong interest in both the natural environment and human cognition, most particularly attitudes toward environment.

Pandan Mangrove 2012 – the area of my research

I started with an interest in local geography, doing an Extended Essay in High School on the effects of Pandan mangrove wetlands on the surrounding water quality followed by a field study of longshore drift along the beaches of East Coast of Singapore.

Through my research on Singapore environment, I realized that the interaction of human and environment is inevitable. Due to the space constraints in Singapore, human have always tried to maximize land usage which inevitably led to human moving into new previously untouched environments.

I am interested in how implicit attitudes toward environments that are inculcated by belief systems such as religion affect human interaction with the natural environment. Having attended Anglo-Chinese School, a school strongly affiliated with both Christian beliefs and pro-environmental attitudes, I noticed how a similar thread that runs through both of these concepts, namely in its beliefs, norms and behaviour.

Update 2018:
I have just completed a research on self-delivery uptake attitudes, beliefs and behaviour comparing between Toronto and Singapore (n= 200). 

If there are any issues with the blog, or anyrelated interests I can be contacted at:
email: nick0004@e.ntu.edu.sg
Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/nickkoh2
Look forward to hearing from you!