Author’s Biography

Hello readers!

I am Shee Mei Ling, currently a Year 2 Psychology major student in Nanyang Technological University. I enjoy spending time with nature and I enrolled into the module on Conservation Psychology because of an interest to learn about the conservation issues on animals and our natural environment. I am also drawn to learn and share about the things I can do to protect animals and our environment. Through this module, it has greatly deepened my appreciation for conservation and has inspired me to practice pro-environmental behaviours in my daily living.

This is me, feeding the roo!

I came across the Singapore freshwater crab, Johora singaporensis when I was researching for endangered species in Singapore. As I continue to read up about this species, I was drawn to this almost 50-cent sized, critically endangered species which can only be located Singapore. With a growing interest to learn about this species, I seek to collect information and present to readers about this valuable albeit seemingly small and dull species. Developing this blog has heightened my knowledge about the Singapore freshwater crab and its conservation issues.

Finally, this is not photo of a Singapore freshwater crab, but a cat named Bobby who ‘resides’ in my hall! I am must say that I can relate to the concept of attraction-fear in my interactions with animals (including domestic pets). I am glad that through this module, I have learn more about myself and found greater joy (than fear) in my interactions with animals.

Hello and goodnight Bobby.

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I believe that you will be able to gain as much knowledge as I did on the Singapore freshwater crab. I hope that this will ignite your curiosity and appreciation not only in protecting the Singapore freshwater crab but also many other animals in our midst.

God bless you!