About me

Hi! I’m Ke Han and I am currently a Year 2 Psychology student @ NTU.

Growing up, I have always been exposed to specks of nature in my everyday life, be it keeping pets or building my own eco-garden right outside my house. Not only did being with nature created memorable family experiences, it also taught me how to have a sense of appreciation and conservation for both animals and plants.

In today’s world, the natural world is deteriorating at the fastest rate than ever, fueled by many new innovations which prioritizes human desires. Machinery, gadgets and most importantly, ignorance, are just a few of many factors harming our environment. To most people, the idea of our planet being destroyed when we are still alive is unfathomable. However, this unfathomable idea is indeed coming true as we are approaching the 6th extinction – extinction due to human activity.

My reason to talk about environmental identity is to highlight the urgency of current environmental issues. The young generation today holds the most influential power in changing the fate of environmental doom. As sociopolitical ideas and stances become more prevalent than ever, it is especially vital that environmental issues are too brought up as one of the most pressing problems in today’s reality. Being a part of this young generation, I would also like to educate myself better on conservation issues and psychological topics related to it. Researching about environmental identity has been enlightening and helpful for fulfilling my responsibility to be an environmentally aware individual.

Do feel free to contact me at my email: ktan156@e.ntu.edu.sg if you have any questions or suggestions.

Thank you and have a nice day!