About Me

About Me

Hello there! I am Niraj, and I am a Year 2 student from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. I am pursuing a double major in Biological Sciences and Psychology. First off, I am extremely thrilled that you have found my page, and it would mean the world to me for you to take a read of what I have put together in this blog! 

This is me! This photo was taken on top of Mt. Sibayak, an active volcano in Indonesia.

I am extremely passionate about nature, and in my free time, I am always exploring the already-limited greenery around Singapore. During the holidays, I travel to other countries to embark on hikes in national parks, climb volcanoes, and even run marathons in the mountains. Nature is so incredibly beautiful, isn’t it? Life is too short. It is at this age where we are young and fit, where we ought to start exploring our connection with Mother Nature and see how incredible she really is.

This is me at Joffre Lake, in Joffre Lakes Provincial Park, Canada. How magnificent is Mother Nature! (Click the photo for a clearer view)

Religion has also always fascinated me. I come from a Hindu family, but because of the very busy lifestyle in Singapore, I have never really had the time, mentally and physically, to explore the religion in-depth. Nevertheless, religious stories and practices across multiple religions, and their links to nature, have never failed to catch my attention!

Hence, the marriage of these two topics was the literal best of both worlds for me, and I really enjoyed the process of creating this blog. Though there was a lot of traveling and time spent to obtain first-hand accounts from the places and people, it was insanely rewarding to me. I learned so much more about my own religion and how it connects to nature, and it was also an opportunity for me to discover the links between other religions and the environment. However, please forgive me if my content offends anyone, as I did not mean to make it offensive. I wrote this blog under the lens of the conservation of nature and wildlife, and I tried to bring my points forward in as balanced a manner as possible. Please do not take it personally!

Having said that, I really hope you enjoy reading my blog and discover how beautifully religion is intertwined with nature.

Click here to begin!