About Me

Hi everyone. My name is Melvin, a 2nd year psychology student, and this is my blog on conservation. I’ll be talking about the issues of overpopulation being a key problem which causes harm to earth. I like to contemplate about life and why things are the way they are. Hopefully through my course of study I’ll be enlightened.

The reason why i chose this topic for my blog project is because I’m facing some of these issues myself. I’m a dragon year baby that was born out of traditional values that having dragon babies is auspicious. I am a by product of tradition which aids to the overpopulation cause.

In my span of life, I’ve been competing against people due to the lack of space. Too many students, not enough places in schools. From primary all the way to university. That is also an issue that comes along because of overpopulation. Going out on a normal day would including squeezing with many others for public transport, from the bus to the MRTs. Even in NTU I’m sure many students face the issue of having problems boarding a bus because it was too packed. That is another by product of overpopulation.

With all these issues at hand, I find that it is important for me to find out what are the underlying issues that cause this problem of overpopulation. I hope that through my findings, people will gain a better understanding of the situation and with the new-found knowledge, do their part to change their attitudes and behaviors to aid in the cause of conservation.

Go to Top of Page                                                                         Go back to Previous Page