Envrionmental Education (Tbilisi,1977)
Environmental Education is a process aimed at developeing a world population that is aware and cocern about the environmental and its associated problems. This is through an integration of attitudes, motivations, knowledge, commitment and skills to work individually and collectively towards solving our current and future envrionmental problems.
- Awareness: to help individuals and social groups acquire an awareness of and sensitivity to the total environment and its allied problems
- Knowledge: to help individuals and social groups gain a variety of experiences with the total environment to acquire a basic understanding of the environment and humanity critical responsible presence and role in it
- Attitudes: to help individuals and social groups acquire social values, strong feelings of concern for the environment and the motivation for actively participating in its protection and improvement
- Skills: to help individuals and social groups acquire the skills for working toward the solution of environmental problems and to foster a dialogue between these groups
- Participation: to help individuals and social groups develop a sense of responsibilities and urgency regarding environmental problems to ensure appropriate actions to help these problems and avoid future problems