About me

Hello! A semi casual introduction of me ahead.

I’m Jingwen, 21 years old and currently studying Psychology at NTU. This blog was created for my core module, Conservation Psychology HP3203.

Why HP3203?
Maybe it’s due to the fact that I lived in a fish farm when I was young.
I had many interactions with animals since young – fierce dogs as guard dogs, hamsters, rabbits, turtles, chickens and sometimes monkeys swinging past (They got chased out by my mother) too.  Life was peaceful and I had a great childhood.

Nature was always close to me.
Nature was always close to me.

There were fruits trees outside my house (upper right corner), and behind those fruit trees was the fish farm. (bottom right corner)

How the human psyche could have something to do with nature was intriguing, hence I took up this module.

Why Claire Nouvian?
This was largely due to the reason that her exhibition was available right at the heart of Singapore city this year, and I had the chance to visit the Arts Science Museum for this fascinating exhibition. It felt really coincidental when we had to decide on our blog topics almost right after I’ve visited Nouvian’s exhibition on the Deep sea – hence no difficulty there.

The below picture was taken while viewing ‘The Deep’. ☺

Hello helllo