About The Author

Credit: Zoey Phua
Credit: Zoey Phua

I am a third year Psychology student at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore, and have loved food for as long as I can remember. Growing up in Singapore definitely fuelled my love for food as I am always spoilt for choice with regards to what I want to eat, and where I want to dine at. My grandmother was also a fantastic cook and I sometimes suspect that it is because of her that my tastebuds have now been finely tuned to discern between good food and great food. 

It is also perhaps my upbringing in a family that loves food that I have learnt not to waste them. As a child, the familiar phrase “think about the children in Africa” always popped up when the children in the family whined about not wanting to eat their vegetables or finish the food on their plate. It is only now that I realise how much truth that phrase holds, and that the impact of wasting food is far beyond our imagination. As such, I decided to embark on this project to shed some light on the harm that we cause by contributing to food wastage, and how just one small change in our behaviour can make this world a better place.

Zoey Phua
4th November 2015

Be First to Comment