A) Airport to Hotel
B) Transportation options during Conference
C) Transportation for Welcome Reception at National Library Board POD – Sun, 3 Jun 2012
D) Transportation for Singapore Learning Journey – Wed, 6 Jun 2012
A) Airport to Hotel
All international flights will land in one of four terminals at Changi Airport – Terminal 1, 2, 3 or Budget. The easiest way to reach your hotel destination is by taxi. For other options please check the following http://www.changiairport.com/getting-around/to-and-from-the-airport.
1) BY TAXI
If you are staying at Nanyang Executive Centre (NEC)
Inform the taxi driver you are going to “Nanyang Technological University” or NTU. The exact address of NEC is “60, Nanyang View”. The journey takes about 45 mins and will cost approximately S$35 (Singapore dollars). Payment can be made by cash or credit card.
If you are staying at other locations
Inform the taxi driver the hotel name or address. It will take you about 25 minutes to reach the city. Cost is about S$25.
2) BY MASS RAPID TRANSIT (MRT)
If you are staying at NEC
- Proceed to Airport Terminal 2 Arrival hall to take the MRT train. If you arrive at Terminal 1 or 3, please take the Skytrain to Terminal 2.
- At the MRT station, you can either pay the direct train fare or purchase a stored value EZ-Link card which you can use to travel on all trains and buses. Download: MRT train route map
- Board the west-bound (Green line) MRT train from Changi Airport Station (CG2). Do a transfer at Tanah Merah MRT station (EW4) and thereafter continue your journey with the next train to Boon Lay MRT Station (EW27). The train journey will take about 1 hour 15 min.
- At Boon Lay MRT station, you can either take bus service number 179 or 199 at Boon Lay Bus Interchange located next to the MRT station. The 15 to 20 minute bus journey to NTU costs around SGD1.10 (Bus 179) or SGD1.30 (Bus 199). You are encouraged to bring the correct fare as the bus driver does not return change.
- If you are taking bus service number 199, alight at the bus stop opposite Nanyang Heights (bus stop B09 Hall 8). See Point A below. At the bus stop, walk south on Nanyang Avenue and turn left into Nanyang View. Continue walking on Nanyang View for about 160m and you will see the building of NEC. Download: map & directions
If you are taking bus service number 179, alight at Canteen 2 at Lien Ying Chow Drive. Cross the road and look for the covered walkway. Continue walking at the walkway and make a right turn at Nanyang View. Walk another about 100m and you will see the building of NEC. Download: maps & directions .
Please see details of this option in the IATUL 2012 Conference blog Travel tab
B) Transportation Options During the Conference
1) If you are staying at Grand Park City Hall Hotel
A hotel shuttle bus service to NEC is provided by Grand Park City Hall Hotel (GPCH) and is ONLY for guests staying at this hotel. On conference days, please gather at the hotel lobby near the entrance at 7.15am. The bus will leave for NEC at 7.30am sharp and traffic situation permitting, the journey will take about 45 to 50 minutes. A NTU library staff will be present at GPCH Hotel in the morning to act as the bus guide for your trip to NEC.
2) If you are staying elsewhere
You can either take a taxi or the MRT train/free shuttle bus to NEC. Free shuttle service starts at 7.45am and ends at 8.30am.
a) BY MASS RAPID TRANSIT (MRT) & FREE SHUTTLE BUS
Board the East-West (Green line) train and alight at Pioneer MRT station. After exit at MRT station turnstiles, turn left and cross the overhead bridge and thereafter down the stairs. Free IATUL Conference shuttle bus from here to NEC will be provided. This free bus shuttle service will start from 7.45am and stop at 8.35am daily (except Wed 6.6.12). NTU Library staff will be on location to direct you to the shuttle bus. Free shuttle service starts at 7.45am and ends at 8.30am.
b) BY TAXI
Inform the taxi driver you are going to “Nanyang Technological University” or NTU. The exact address of NEC is “60, Nanyang View”. Please note that traffic may be heavy in the morning and you should allow extra time to reach your destination.
C) Transportation for Welcome Reception at National Library Board POD (on 3 Jun)
1) If you are staying at NEC
An IATUL shuttle bus will bring guests to the Welcome Reception venue, the POD at National Library Board (NLB). Please assemble at NEC Lobby before 4:40 pm. The bus will leave at 4:45 sharp. After the function at 7:30 pm, the bus will return to NEC. It will also stop at Orchard Road to allow guests who want to spend time in the city to alight. However they will have to make their way back by public transportation.
2) If you are staying at Grand Park City Hall Hotel
You may walk to the National Library Board (NLB) which is about 10 mins away.
Address: 100, Victoria Street #14-01. Singapore 188064
3) If you are staying elsewhere
You can either take a taxi or the MRT train. The nearest train station is Bugis (EW12). See map
D) Transportation for Singapore Learning Journey (on 6 Jun)
There are 2 pick-up points for this event – NEC and Grand Park City Hall Hotel. For direction to these locations, please see information above.
You should have already registered for this event to indicate where you wish to be picked up in the morning. If not, please click the link to the registration form.