Postdoctoral Research Fellows (Cognitive Scientist/Data Scientist/Computational Linguistics):
The successful applicant will work on technical and computational aspects of the project, that will allow us to investigate the nature of multi-lingual language mixes in Singapore during the early stages of language acquisition in Singapore, and will include: big data approaches to complex linguistic datasets, design and analysis of linguistic databases, design of advanced scripting for data analysis of behavioural and brain imaging data, design and implementation of in-house app development and scripts for experimental studies.
Contributing to the technical aspects of day-to-day running of the lab will also include…
- Creating and maintaining a participants’ database
- Managing and storing data
- Managing the teams’ shared folder system
- Administration and maintenance of an online server
The position is ideal for a postdoctoral researcher with solid programming skills and an active interest in cognitive and data science.
- PhD in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Linguistics, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in big data analytics or high-level computational linguistics
- A friendly manner, excellent communication (verbal & written English) and interpersonal skills
- High degree of responsibility and maturity
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Interest in computational linguistics
- Familiarity with Unix, Windows, Mac OS;
standard office software
- Task-orientation, excellent organisational skills, attention to details and accuracy.
Candidates should highlight relevant previous experiences in a cover-letter, where they are encouraged to note their area of expertise (e.g., doctoral dissertation, relevant post doctoral research) and experience in any of the following domains:
- Designing and managing databases
- Statistical data analysis
- Commitment to Open Science practices
- Web design/game design/app design
- Cloud-based team collaboration tools
Singaporeans/PRs from minority groups and unconventional backgrounds (e.g., first in family to University) are encouraged to apply
For other job listings in September 2018, see here.
Please send questions or expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org