We bring to you a new look for Library Xpress in 2015! Browse through the e-newsletter below!
Volume 10 Issue 1 features these informative articles:
- A spotlight for your research by Debra L’Angellier, Communication Librarian (Advertising, PR, Broadcast & Film)
- The final year report : your contribution to future student research by Lena Sam, Engineering Librarian (Environmental)
- Surviving your first year as a graduate student by Frank Seah, Senior Librarian (Instructional Services)
- “Sorry, this e-book is in use” : understanding academic e-books by Dianne Louise Cmor, Deputy University Librarian
- E-book corner at Lee Wee Nam Library by Lim Kong Meng, Head, Lee Wee Nam Library
- What’s that drug again? : living a life benefitting from translational medical research by Caroline Pang, Head, Medical Library & Maggie Yin, Medical Librarian, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
- Showcase your research materials with NTU Digital Projects by Goh Su Nee, Senior Assistant Director (Scholarly Communication)
- Become an expert Googler by Ong Siew Chin, Librarian (Library Technology Group)
- Your gateway to earth science by Leena Shah, Science Librarian (Earth Sciences)
- 3 quick ways to access library resources from using Chrome or Firefox by Kannadasan Venkatachalam, Assistant Director (Library Technology Group)
- Chinese information series (IV) – Chinese audiovisual resources by Ruan Yang, Head, Chinese Library
- The library is a service, not just a resource by Choy Fatt Cheong, University Librarian
A surprising confession from our librarian, the oldest book in our library and many more in this issue of Library Xpress!
- ‘Join Forces’ with Your Library! by V Somasundram, Librarian (Library Promotion)
- Watch Education Videos Anytime by Ng Mee Ling, Senior Librarian (Library Technology Group)
- Confessions of a Librarian (and a recommendation or two) by Dianne Cmor, Deputy University Librarian
- “Doctor, please cure my bloody tears…” – Practising Evidence-Based Medicine by Caroline Pang, Head, Medical Library & Maggie Yin, Medical Librarian
- See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil: Unveiling the Mystic MDA Ratings of Films by Ng Chay Tuan, Head, Acquisitions & Collection Management
- Crediting Sources for Your Images by Goh Su Nee, Senior Assistant Director (Scholarly Communication Group)
- Corrosion: The Natural Enemy of Materials by Men Yali, Engineering Librarian (Materials Science & Engineering)
- Your ‘Passport’ to Consumer Trends by Alan Choy, Business Librarian (Marketing & International Business)
- Start Your Research with Encyclopedias by Jenny Wong, Social Sciences Librarian (Sociology)
- Discover the 5 W’s Of Eurocodes by Lim Kong Meng, Head, Engineering Library
- Singapore Literature in English: An Annotated Bibliography by Emma Wilcox, Humanities Librarian (English Literature)
- Oldest Book in our Library – the Kangxi Dictionary! by Ruan Yang, Head, Chinese Library & Wang Gungwu Library
- Your Library : Gateway to Your Learning Journey by Choy Fatt Cheong, University Librarian
Uncover ways of showcasing research, its social impact and many more in this issue of Library Xpress!
- Discover the Social Impact of Your Research by Chia Yew Boon, Head, New Media, Group
- Tame LaTeX with EndNote! by RamaRavikumar Ravikrishnan, Senior Librarian (Instructional Services)
- Stop Stressing over LaTeX Code! by Tham Jing Wen, Science Librarian (Physics)
- QR Codes for Early Textbooks by Luo Biming, Librarian (Wang Gungwu Library)
- Showcasing Student Research on a Global Platform by Wendy Ong, Head, Communication & Information Library
- The E-Book Way! by David Tan, Senior Librarian (Acquisitions)
- Doing Linguistics Research on Children and Bilingualism: Resources to Help You by Wong Oi May, Humanities Librarian (Language & Communication Skills)
- Look into the 2015 Design Crystal Ball by Hedren Sum, Art Librarian (Design)
- Constituent Data at Your Fingertips by Balbindar Kaur Dhaliwal, Business Librarian (Accounting and Banking & Finance)
- Discover the Virtual Bookshelf by Hazel Loh Head, Library Technology & Systems Group
- Need Scholarly Articles in Engineering? by Padmaja Muralidharan, Engineering Librarian (Electrical & Electronic Engineering)
- Step into Prehistoric Southeast Asia by Ng Kiak Peng, Humanities Librarian (History & Philosophy)
- Chinese Writers-in-Residence series by Wu Yaoyao, Chinese Studies Librarian (Chinese Language & Culture)
- Open Access Steaming Ahead by Choy Fatt Cheong, University Librarian
Library Xpress is back with essential information & resources for your research & studies!
This informative issue features:
- How to survive your freshmen year in NTU Libraries by Edward Lim, Assistant Librarian (Access Services)
- Earn while you learn by Catherine Tan, Senior Assistant Director (Library Promotion)
- We’re Happening! by Frank Seah, Senior Librarian (Library Promotion)
- Library in a Bar by Kannadasan Venkatachalam
- News You Can Use by Law Loo Shien, Communication Librarian (Research & Journalism)
- The “Hitchhiker’s Guide” to Starting Your Research in Communication Studies by Debra L’Angellier, Communication Librarian (Advertising, PR, Broadcast & Film)
- The New Medical Library
- New Staff : Maggie Yin
- Workshops for everyone by Melissa Man, Librarian (Instructional Services)
- Detherm on the Web : A Thermophysical Property Database by Lee Wee Nam Library (Engineering Collection)
- Seeing is believing… JoVE: The Scientific Video Journal by Er Bee Eng, Science Librarian (Biological Sciences)
- The ADM Library : More than a home for books by Phoebe Lim, Head, Art, Design & Media Library
- Mobile access to China Digital Library is now available! (article in Chinese) by Cheng Wei Yeow, Chinese Studies Librarian
- Libraries build a sense of community by Choy Fatt Cheong, University Librarian
Have a quick browse of Library Xpress embedded below!
We present to you useful information, services & resources in this issue with:
- Really? Librarians Can Support Faculty in How Many Ways? by Dianne Cmor, Deputy University Librarian
- Introducing the 12-week Loan for Teaching Staff by Wong Oi May, Senior Librarian (Access Services)
- New Staff: Caroline Pang, Head, Medical Library & Senior Assistant Director, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
- QR Codes in the Library Catalogue by Du Juan, Assistant Director (Library Technology & Systems)
- Downloading Articles via Google Scholar by Tint Hla Hal Htoo, Senior Librarian (Library Technology & Systems)
- Confluences: An Intertwining Take on Art and Science by Faith Teh, Head, NTU Art & Heritage Museum
- NTU Confessions: Why are People Confessing their Secrets on Facebook? by Chua Junjie, Social Sciences Librarian (Psychology)
- Share it. give it up! – A joint message by NTU Libraries and NTU Student Union
- World Press Freedom Day: Not Just Another News Day by Debra L’ Angellier, Communication Librarian (Advertising, PR, Broadcast & Film)
- DATA at your Fingertips by Joan Wee, Social Sciences Librarian (Economics)
- Exciting Events at Chinese Library by Wu Yaoyao, Chinese Studies Librarian (Chinese Language & Culture)
Welcome back to a new year and a new semester! Hope you all had a good break!
Get more insights of the libraries and the resources with this new issue of Library Xpress, featuring:
- NTU Museum – An Exhibition for the Environment by Faith Teh
- E-book-on-demand Service: Electronic Book Library (EBL) by David Tan
- Finding a thesis and reading the full text online has never been easier! by Samantha Ang
- Warc – a database on subjects related to marketing by Alan Choy
- Listening to Our Users by Wendy Ong
- Library e-Resources for Cultural Anthropology by Jenny Wong
- New Staff in the Library (Dianne Cmor, Patricia Ong, Debra L’Angellier, Leena Shah, Law Loo Shien, Hedren Sum & Joan Wee)
- Early Textbook Collection in Wang Gungwu Library (in Chinese) by Luo Biming
- Insights on Library Users – The IATUL Conference by Choy Fatt Cheong
Click on the image below to read the articles in full-screen or pick a copy at your nearest library today!
What do we have in store for you in Library Xpress Vol. 7 Issue No. 1?
- Library 101 for freshies
- SpringerMaterials Landolt-Börnstein – a database with critically evaluated physical and chemical data in materials science.
- Digital Chinese newspapers available in NTU Library collection
- The Immersive Business Library Experience
- Share and compare: what are libraries doing in Australia?
- New staff who have just joined us
- A slice of history at the Library
- …… and “New students & libraries” by the University Librarian!
Read the newsletter in fullscreen by clicking on the newsletter below!