Your journey at NTU is almost coming to a close. But before you leave, do remember to deposit your Final Year Project (FYP) reports into NTU’s Digital Repository. This is so your juniors and the school will have access to your reports in the future.
Here are the instructions to help you deposit your reports, and below are some things to keep in mind before you submit.
- Only deposit the final report which has been approved by your supervisor, with all edits and changes incorporated.
- Files above 40MB have to be submitted to the Communication & Information Library directly. You may submit your files on a CD, DVD, thumbdrive or portable hard-disk drive (HDD) to the library’s Service Desk.
- Remember to exclude any proprietary or sensitive information, e.g. a person’s NRIC, address and contact details. You can either remove those details, or put a ‘white box’ over the sensitive information, whichever is easier for you.
- If you had produced a website, it is best if that the website can run without an internet connection from a CD/DVD-ROM. This is so your team can keep a copy of your website for posterity. Otherwise, the domain name will expire one day.
- If you have produced a hard copy feature publication, please donate at least one copy (max. 2) to the Communication & Information Library.
If you need any assistance, please feel free to contact the Communication and Information Library, or your Communication Librarians, Loo Shien or Debra. If you are back in school, you can just walk into library and someone will help you.
We look forward to receiving the projects.