Academic Writing with EndNote
What is EndNote?
EndNote is reference management software with features to—
- Keep all your references and reference-related materials in a searchable personal library.
Synchronize your references between up to three of your personal computers, an online library, and your iPad, through EndNote sync.
Share your references with collaborators through EndNote sync.
Use your references in word-processing documents to create formatted citations and bibliographies or independent reference lists.
[From EndNote Online Guide]
Download : EndNote-Desktop
The EndNote software is strictly for use by students and staff of Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and National Institute of Education (NIE) only.
For compatibility information, refer to EndNote Compatibility information.
Instructions to download & install EndNote (Windows)
- Download and save the EndNote.zip folder which contains the files EndNote.msi and License.dat on your ‘Desktop’ or ‘My Documents’ folder.
- Unzip the downloaded folder. Do NOT double click or open the downloaded ZIP folder. Remember to open the Unziped folder to install EndNote. Click on EndNote.msi from the unziped folder and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- UNINSTALL any earlier EndNote versions or trial versions and reboot/restart your PC before installing the current version.
- For those using a previous(old) version of EndNote or reinstalling EndNote, ensure that you have saved or made a a back up of EndNote libraries and other EndNote associated files such as customised citation styles, import filters and connection files.
- Use standard browsers such as Internet Explorer (IE), Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari while downloading the EndNote Windows version. Using other Internet browsers may result in erroneous downloading functions.
- Please note that you do not need to provide Product Key. If you are prompted, please ensure that you have unzipped the folder before running EndNote.msi.
- Download the EndNoteSiteInstaller.dmg to your Downloads folder (or folder of your choice), double click on EndNoteSiteInstaller.dmg.
- Drag the EndNote icon to the Applications Folder icon.
- Open the Applications folder –>EndNote folder and double-click on EndNote Application icon.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
For assistance or inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
EndNote Online Guide
EndNote Online Guide – is a comprehensive guide on using EndNote. It provides guided tours, step by step guides, short videos, class recordings of EndNote and many more.
Highlights – Videos
How to Use EndNote in 5 Minutes: Windows [Click here]
How to Use EndNote in 6 Minutes: Macintosh [Click here]
There are also downloadable videos on the EndNote Online Guide. YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/endnotetraining has videos with closed captions for the current and recent versions of EndNote.
Highlights – Guides
Quick reference guide – Windows [Click here]
Quick reference guide – Mac [Click here]
EndNote on Android & iOS [Click here]
EndNote Menus Reference Guide
The EndNote Menus Reference Guide explains what the menu items actually do in EndNote. This is also a reference ebook and not a tutorial.
Little EndNote How-To Book
The Little EndNote How-To Book is a reference ebook with detailed instructions and screenshots on how to do many things with EndNote. There are screenshots for both the Windows and Macintosh versions of EndNote. Please note that it is not designed for print, having color screenshots and internal hyperlinks. The PDF can be read on computers or most tablets.
EndNote Guided Tour
If you would like a written step-by-step tutorial in using the basic features of EndNote, you can download the EndNote Guided Tour. Note that the Guided Tour and live classes do not include all the same content.
A self-paced tutorial for learning EndNote X8 on Windows.
A self-paced tutorial for learning EndNote X8 on Macintosh.
Register for a Workshop
NTU Library organises regular EndNote workshops which will be conducted on the Windows platform. As this is an activity-based training, latecomers will be requested to attend another session.
|For NIE students/staff, please contact NIE Library for Endnote workshop and support.|
17 Jan 2019 (Thu), 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM Registration closed
21 Jan 2019 (Mon), 2:30 PM – 4:00 PM Registration closed
25 Jan 2019 (Fri), 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM Registration closed
13 Feb 2019 (Wed), 2:30 PM – 4:00 PM Registration closed
15 Feb 2019 (Fri), 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM Registration closed
19 Feb 2019 (Tue), 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM Click to register
21 Feb 2019 (Thu), 2:30 PM – 4:00 PM Click to register
27 Feb 2019 (Wed), 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM Click to register
28 Feb 2019 (Thu), 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM Click to register
6 Mar 2019 (Wed), 2:30 PM – 4:00 PM Click to register
13 Mar 2019 (Wed), 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM Click to register
21 Mar 2019 (Thu), 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM Click to register
28 Mar 2019 (Thu), 2:30 PM – 4:00 PM Click to register
4 Apr 2019 (Thu), 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM Click to register
10 Apr 2019 (Wed), 2:30 PM – 4:00 PM Click to register
Consultation for EndNote-Mac Users
Consultation is open to NTU students and staff who are existing EndNote-Mac users who wish to learn specific software features or have specific enquiries.
Consultation topics may include:
- Endnote's cite-while-you-write features.
- Managing Endnote Libraries.
- Create or edit citation styles files.
- Merge two or more Endnote documents into a single document with a combined list of references.
- Create a list of references for sections or chapters in a document.
- Extract references from an Endnote document.
- Endnote web features.
Click on one of the links below to register:
31 Jan 2019/Thursday
14 Feb 2019/Thursday
28 Feb 2019/Thursday
14 March 2019/Thursday
26 March 2019/Tuesday
11 April 2019/Thursday
Consultation by Appointment:
NTU students and staff are welcome to request for a consultation on queries on advanced features of EndNote Windows or Macintosh. Please contact our librarians at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Help from the Library
To enquire EndNote licensed software and workshops provided by NTU Library, please contact email@example.com.
Help from ENDNOTE.com
EndNote Support – you may search EndNote Knowledge Base or write to EndNote technical support team
EndNote Frequently Asked Questions – for common questions on the use of EndNote
EndNote Knowledge Base – contains further answers to common issues with EndNote and step-by-step instructions on how to solve the problem.
EndNote Community – a forum where EndNote users can post issues, and Clarivate Analytics, EndNote software provider, will post answers.
EndNote Technical Support Phone Number – If you cannot find an answer to your EndNote question in the EndNote Frequently Asked Questions, Community and Knowledge Base, you can contact +65 68703207 (for Singapore) for assistance.
Click the link above for operating hours for the service.