- Can I make my papers OA without paying APC?
Yes, most publishers allow your peer-reviewed final manuscript to be made openly available via your institutional repository. Your librarian will check publishers’ policy and ensure that your submission is copyright compliant. Submission Procedures: NTU & NIE
- How can I identify and avoid questionable OA journals?
- check the list of questionable journals and publishers provided by Jeff Beall. Note that some people have criticised Beall and the partiality of his list.
- check if the OA journal you intend to publish in is listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ). It uses a set of strict criteria for journals to get in and to stay on its list.
- thoroughly analyse & assess the journal and use the simple checklist developed by Think.Check.Submit