Curious about altmetrics and want to learn more about it? SPARC recently released a 14 page document, Article-Level Metrics — A SPARC Primer.
Article-Level Metrics (ALMs) is an emerging hot topic in scholarly publishing and this primer aims to give campus leaders and other interested parties an overview of what ALMs are, why they matter, how they complement established utilities and metrics, and how they might be considered for use in the tenure and promotion process.
Table of contents :
1. Executive summary
2. Article-level metrics defined
3. Article-level metricxs and open access
4. article-level metrics capture
5. ARticle-level metrics in action (A mention of info providers that have incorporated ALMs in their user experiences, eg. PLOS, Scopus, Nature …)
6. Article-level metrics and the tenure and promotion process (include some recommendations for institutions interested in exploring ALMs)
7. Limitations of article-level metrics
8. Potential of article-level metrics
9. Appendix : Altmetrics tools
Source : www.sparc.arl.org