Brand design covers many areas, which include the following areas:
- Brand, history, theories and strategies (Keyword: branding)
- Logo Design (Keywords: logos, logo design; Call number range NC1002 – NC 1003)
- Brand identity and 2D design visuals (Keywords: corporate identity, brand identity)
- Branded interiors, signages and 3D design visuals (Call number range NK 2195; NC1002 – NC 1003)
At NTU Libraries, books span across different ranges of call numbers. You may use the suggested keywords to search on the NTU Library Catalogue or browse by the call number ranges physically in the ADM Library. In addition, NTU Libraries also subscribe to online databases that provides insights, ideas and applications of brand design. Jointly compiled by Angeline Yam (ADM Lecturer) and myself, this resource guide compiles a selected list of such sources.
|Soon : brands of tomorrow
Blackwell, Lewis, 1958-
Lawrence King, 2001
|Color matters : branding & identity
Shan ben tu shu.
|Logo design love : a guide to creating iconic brand identities
Airey, David, 1979-
New Riders, c2005
|Brands with character
Basheer Graphic Books, c2014.
|Brand apart : insights on the art of creating a distinctive brand voice
One Club Publishing, 2005.
|Identify : basic principles of identity design in the iconic trademarks of Chermayeff & Geismar
Chermayeff & Geismar.
Print Publishing, c2011.
|Brands and branding
Bloomberg Press, 2004.
|Branding : from brief to finished solution
|Uncorporate identity Vishmidt, Marina.
Lars Müller, 2010.
|Design crisis : packaging branding & identity advertising design
Artpower International Publish Co. Ltd.
Artpower International Publish Co. Ltd., c2009.
|Brand identity now!
|Big brand theory
Gingko Press, c2011.
|Vignelli from A to Z
|Sensation : theme, promo & campaign graphics
|Branding typography : elegant, retro, handwritten, experimental, minimal
Gingko Press, c2013.
|FHK Henrion : the complete designer
Unit Editions, 2013.
|Häfelinger + Wagner Design : erzählende Marken kreieren = creating narrative brands
Morgan, Conway Lloyd.
|How brands become icons : the principles of cultural branding
Holt, Douglas B.
Harvard Business School Press, c2004.
|Designing brand identity : an essential guide for the entire branding team
John Wiley & Sons, c2009.
|Brand Bible : the complete guide to building, designing, and sustaining brands
Rockport Publishers, c2012
|Manuals 2 : design & identity guidelines
Brook, Tony, editor.
Unit Editions, 
|Atarashi wa no dezain = New traditional Japanese design あたらしい和のデザイン = New traditional Japanese design.
|Eat & go : branding & design for takeaways & restaurants
Wang, Shaoqiang, editor.
|Brand thinking and other noble pursuits
Allworth Press, c2011.
|Tasty stories : legendary food brands and their typefaces
Gossé, Joke, author.
Databases (Subscribed by NTU Libraries)
- Coloribus: An advertising archive with more than 2 million ads, prints and promo videos by leading brands and agencies around the world.
- WGSN Homebuildlife: A database that provide design trend forecast reports, inspirations and ideas using market intelligence and consumer insights. View a 5-min Guide to get learn more about the database.
- Brand New – A division of UnderConsideration, the purpose of this site is “to chronicle and provide opinions on corporate and brand identity work“.
- Influential Brands – Driven by consumer insights, this site compiles stories and profiles of Singapore top brands.
- LogoDesignLove – A site “devoted to to the design of logos brand identities“. They also have a printed book, which is available at NTU Libraries.
- Identity Designed – This site is “a showcase of brand identity projects from around the world“.
- Packaging of the World (POTW) – One of the leading packaging design blogs that aim “to inspire designers from all around the world by publishing some of the most interesting and creative projects from large global agencies to students“. Do follow their Facebook page to get timely updates.
More resources will be added over time. Last updated on 4/2/15.