Not sparing the strikes at The NANYANG MBA

Author: Andrew Humphreys, VP for Social and Sports, Student ExCo 2011

What started as a friendly warm up among thirty MBA students turned into a healthy competition of strikes and spares between teams of three!

The NANYANG MBA Bowling Activity

Bowling between the MBA students! It was exciting to watch, many of us just couldn’t sit down. 

The NANYANG MBA Bowling Event

Though we didn’t know when our competitive spirits kicked in, we were all in the same frequency through out the competition.

The teams displayed their skills, and gusto. Sure, some were better than others but from where I was standing, we all had an equal share of fun! Esmond and Tai took down bragging rights as the top male and female bowlers of the day. This gave their teams crucial advantages in the competition and they played a really good game.

I think, even if you weren’t playing, it would still be pretty interesting to watch. For example, Rob, “Mr Consistency” actually scored 132 in all the three games he played. I am not entirely sure of how he managed but the coincidence in itself earned him the name.

The NANYANG MBA Bowling Event 2011

Nino claimed the title of “Mr High-Score” because he scored 161 in his second game and was undefeated for the rest of the day.

The NANYANG MBA Bowling Activity 2011

To the thirty of us who went, it’s been great fun and I do look forward to doing this sometime soon again. This time, maybe I’ll claim one of those titles and keep it for myself!