Graduate Studies Blog

Article contributed by Tony, MBA Class of 2018. 

One of the social club in Nanyang MBA ‘Japanese Language and Culture Club’ had a memorable first gathering at MBA Lounge on Friday, September 22nd. At this meeting, the two ‘supreme leader’ introduced yearly operating plan of the club, and had introduction session of all members in both English and Japanese. Everyone shared their passion and interest in learning Japanese and its culture and Japanese students and their family also joined to help members to understand its language and culture. Here are some comments from the participants.

“The first Japanese Language club event was so nice! Tony and Xia, thank you for organizing the event! As one of Japanese students, I am happy to learn each other through Japanese language. I cannot wait the next event!!! Thank you again” – Masashi

“It is a fantastic experience for me. I am keen on Japanese culture and language for years. And it is really a good union that I did learn some basic conversation such as greeting. I hope I can get more chances to attend and know more for my BSM Japan trip.” – Lucas

“Thank you so much for providing such a great opportunity to study Japanese language and culture. this club builds a bridge of friendship in MBA with full love.  thank you” – Sheng

“The only language & cultural club I attend this year is this Japanese club, thanks for taking this up and we enjoyed our first event very much. Surprisingly, many Fellows MBA students also supported to attend this event, through which we shared experiences and interests together. Looking forward to next event!” – Shan shan

It is worth noting that this event led many Nanyang Fellow MBA students to join with a lot of interest in Japanese culture. This club can be the place of communication and conversation among various MBA programs in Nanyang Business School.

Thanks to the successful start of the club gathering, Japanese Language and Culture Club is now preparing for more interesting and fruitful session in this upcoming trimester 2. In this second gathering, the club hopes to generate more participations from all MBA programs, more interactions among students. Please look forward to the club’s second meeting in trimester 2.