Graduate Studies Blog

NANYANG PROFESSIONAL MBA

ACCELERATED LEARNING AT A FLEXIBLE PACE

The Nanyang Business School’s Nanyang Professional MBA (PMBA) offers a full MBA experience in a unique part-time format tailored for working professionals. Current Nanyang PMBA participant Kenneth Koh and recent Nanyang PMBA graduate Leng Ying Jun share their experiences of the programme.

Kenneth Koh

Chief Operating Officer
SG Cash Pte Ltd

For Kenneth, the Nanyang PMBA programme’s 18-month schedule of classes held every alternate weekend offers a good pace of learning that fits well with his work commitments. “As a working professional, the flexible arrangement and central campus in Novena are convenient. I do not need to rush for a lesson after a long day at work. Also, I do not need to rush through every module and can focus better compared to attending lessons on weekday evenings.”

In terms of the curriculum, “I particularly enjoyed the Leading People Globally module, which focuses on people skills such as negotiation techniques, cultural intelligence and talent management,” says Kenneth. “The Strategy Projects at Nanyang (SPAN) module is also unique, providing hands-on experience assisting a sponsor company on a real-life consulting project.”

As a member of his firm’s senior management, Kenneth has been able to share his new knowledge with his management team and apply it to the day-to-day operations. He aims to use what he learns on the programme “to become a more competent leader and lead my firm to greater heights.”

Kenneth Koh

Chief Operating Officer
SG Cash Pte Ltd

Leng Ying Jun

Project Manager, Neste

Ying Jun began the Nanyang PMBA programme just as she was transiting to a new job. “Besides covering topics related to my role, the programme gave me a more holistic understanding of how the work that I do relates to the organisation as a whole. Soft-skill [GHO1] such as negotiation and culture enabled me to bridge the gap in a new workplace faster.”

The arrangement of the modules allowed Ying Jun to effectively build on the concepts and deepen her understanding. The alternate weekend schedule also allowed time for an exchange programme. “My two-week stint at Peking University was certainly a highlight.”

Another highlight was SPAN. “My group was fortunate to have a project that was in a totally different industry from ours. It enabled us to deep dive into that industry and gain an understanding of the business model as well as the concerns faced. SPAN gave us real-time experience in creatively applying the frameworks and concepts taught.”

Beyond a toolbox of business skills, her biggest takeaway? “The many individuals who inspired me with their insights and achievements to reflect on how I can continuously improve.”