Graduate Studies Blog

NANYANG MBA

Humans of MBA

Pradnya Sabale – Woman in Engineering: From India to Global Career stage
Kickstarting the week with one of our youngest candidates in MBA. At the age of 24, Pradnya Sabale gained the experience of working in Japan as an expat. Her mature demeanour has inspired many of her peers to take a leap of faith in pursuing higher learning.

Why did you choose to do MBA?
Being passionate about engineering and technology, I loved my job at Ebara. The more I worked and took on new projects, the more responsibilities I got. I learned that as an engineer, I have always been on the side of delivering ‘change’. I was desperately curious about the big picture, and I would like to look at the business world as an engineer and a woman in management. Engineering interests me, but MBA excites me. Hence, I chose MBA at NTU Singapore, Nanyang Business School. For me, MBA is a steppingstone to initiating and driving change for the betterment of communities. After 12 months, I feel MBA will change me and I also look forward to that change within me.

Kazuto Sato’s Story – Pivoting to New Possibilities Beyond Japan
You are never too late to learn something new and that is what Kazuto Sato endeavours to achieve by doing an MBA. It establishes a solid business foundation and acts as a steppingstone to new opportunities.

Why did you choose to do MBA?
I chose to do MBA to switch my career to corporate strategic planning in the tech industry in the future. It might not be easy considering my background. However, I still wanted to pursue an MBA to equip myself with business knowledge and learn how new technologies can be adopted into business in this rapidly changing world. And in that sense, I thought NTU would be a great place to learn because of its strengths in tech education.

I chose Singapore for two reasons. Firstly, I have never lived in other Asian countries. Secondly, Singapore is the gateway to Asia and the perfect mixture of Western and Eastern culture.

Jessie Liang’s Story – When One Door Closes, Another Opens
Every cloud has a silver lining, and she can attest to it when she was rejected for her application to doing MSc Business Analytics in Nanyang Business School. Everything happens for a reason, and Jessie eventually found herself pursuing an MBA in her same dream school. A redirection in life opens the door for you to explore more opportunities in the future.

Why you chose to do MBA?
I was rejected by Nanyang Business School’s Business Analysis Masters program after waiting for two months. I was so disappointed as Nanyang Business School was my dream school. The MBA admission team subsequently reached out to me about the Nanyang MBA programme. After our conversation, I found that the Nanyang MBA is much more suitable for me.

This allowed me to explore more career options and develop my interests. Sometimes a rejection is not rejection but redirection. This change of plan has caused me to truly understand and reflect on myself instead of just going with the flow.

Brian Dahlems’ Story: A call to return for progression
Brian enjoys every moment spent in the Nanyang MBA. He has fulfilled his dream of returning to Singapore to complete his masters and changing his career path.

Why you chose to do MBA?
Ever since I have completed my bachelor’s degree in engineering, I wanted to do a masters degree after gaining a few years of work experience. Having lived in Germany, I also realised I wanted to move back to Singapore, a place I called home for seven years prior to university.

Earlier this year I decided the time was right. I have researched various master’s programmes. In 2020, I took a course in Innovation management and decided to become a manager of engineers. As I like to call it, someone with administrative and leadership skills but with the understanding of an engineer. It became clear that I had to do an MBA.

Finally, when I was accepted into NTU Singapore, Nanyang MBA, I was given the chance to do all three: Complete my master’s degree, change my career path, and come back to Singapore. The cohort’s multicultural and diverse background brings a rich learning experience, both inside and outside the classroom. I thoroughly enjoy every minute of it!

About the Nanyang MBA

The Nanyang MBA is a flexible 12-month or 18-month programme designed to fuel your growth into a future-ready leader with the skills needed to excel in a global, digital environment. The programme’s unique interdisciplinary curriculum leverages the university’s technology and innovation strengths, expertise from world-class research centres, and strong industry connections to nurture future-ready leaders equipped to embrace change and accelerate transformation.