Graduate Studies Blog

Changemarkers of MBA

NANYANG MBA

Change Makers of MBA

Transforming Communities with Quality Education and Technology

Formerly a technology consultant at Deloitte in India, Ashlin Paul Sherry greatly advocate quality education.

“I consider myself deeply fortunate to be able to pursue an MBA programme. What some might consider simply a ‘next step’ is still a distant dream for many. During my time as a volunteer teacher for the under-privileged and working with local NGOs over the years, I realised that the quality of education most primary and secondary school students in government schools were exposed to was inadequate. Due to this, most kids struggled with basic functional numeracy and literacy. It became clear that the problem wasn’t that these kids weren’t smart – they did not have the same access to the resources and tools that the rest did.

I believe education is the bedrock on which countries can build a sustainable future. Although governments have increased accessibility to schools, access to quality education is still considered a privilege. South Asia, unfortunately, is known to have the lowest levels of public investment in education.

The problem, for sure, is large and complex that it is tempting to shrug it off. However, I believe that with the progress we’ve made with technology – this problem is solvable. I aim to use my MBA as a stepping stone to continue to develop myself as a leader who can drive innovation in this sector. Technology and effective management have the power to transform communities. I believe that with every new iteration and innovation, we’re that much closer to solving some of the biggest and most pressing problems across the world.”

Empowering Global Collaboration for a Better Future: The Vision of Young Entrepreneur

A young entrepreneur from Bullay, Germany, Johannes Schaedler values the benefits of collaboration and how it can help humanity achieve great success.

“In today’s world, tasks have not just become more complex but also more global than ever before. Only cooperation across borders, cultures, sectors, and industries will enable mankind to overcome its most pressing challenges. The Paris Climate Agreement is a prime example that solving the world’s biggest challenge – climate change – can only be solved through collaboration.

The Nanyang MBA programme provides me with the global view, knowledge, skills, and network required to make an impact. The diverse cohort and faculty enable me to learn about different perspectives daily. I look forward to leveraging these experiences and bringing people together to solve pressing problems!”

Passion for Blockchain Technology

Previously a business development manager hailing from Anhui, China – Zhang Ling is extremely enthusiastic about decentralisation.

“Technological advancements have always fascinated me. When I got the chance to join the blockchain industry four years ago, I knew I had to do it.

In the classic Web 2.0 world, user data is owned by underlying platforms and can be monetised to generate revenue. Web 3.0 would give users more ownership of their data and assets via blockchain technology. It will redefine revenue distribution, remove identity disparities between platforms and allow users an equal say in its governance.

I see Web 3.0 as a conjunction of technology, governing rules and economics; and the MBA programme at Nanyang Business School will equip me with the right skillset I need to grow in this domain, providing me with valuable knowledge about areas like management, finance, leadership, and more. I cannot wait to apply these skills to help construct a truly decentralised world!”

Prioritising Mental Well-being and Work-Life Balance

Meta Yunita Pramasetio, an auditor in PWC Indonesia is a huge advocate for mental well-being and a healthy work-life balance.

“I believe that physical and mental health, is not only a primary necessity for every human being, but also everyone’s right. Everyone has the equal right to have a healthy life and well-being. Yet more and more people are normalising the sacrifice of wellbeing and health for the sake of professional career and education.

I strongly believe that professional career and wellbeing can go in parallel as long as the environment supports us. I am excited to see how the Nanyang MBA programme can transform me to grow as a better leader for my team, addressing issues starting from my work circle and eventually towards a much larger environment.”

Help build a world towards true Gender Equality

Based out of Mumbai, India and working as Operations Analyst team lead in JP Morgan Commercial and Investment Banking, Aishwarya Pillai strives to build a more equitable world for women.

“Gender equality is extremely important for a prosperous and sustainable future. Post-pandemic has been a regressive effect on gender equality. There is a lot of pressure on women to choose between their career and their family. I have seen first-hand, talented women with bright futures leaving their careers midway due to family pressures and lack of support from their organizations. It is disheartening because we will never know what they could have possibly achieved or created. It is a massive loss of talent and potential.

Personally, the MBA is a stepping stone to move ahead to have a greater impact and effect. Being in a position of power and influence would enable me to take direct and tangible action. The MBA has enabled me to learn from other perspectives – gender, regions, industries. It has been a really unique experience and has helped me to form my opinions and plan of action even more firmly.”

Nanyang MBA

The Nanyang MBA is a flexible 12-month or 18-month programme designed to fuel your growth into a future-ready leader equipped with the skills needed to excel in a global, digital environment. The programme aims to develop impactful, culturally adept leaders who embrace the connection between business, technology, and innovation to excel in global environments and adapt to each new wave of digital change.