Graduate Studies Blog

Humans of MBA – Series 2  Banner

NANYANG MBA

Humans of MBA – Series 2

Humans of MBA – Audrey

Expanding Horizons through a Global MBA

Getting an MBA is a personal achievement for many. The same goes for Masato Totokawa, who took this opportunity to broaden his perspectives of the world. The experience will enrich his journey in the pursuit of higher learning.

Why did you choose to do MBA?

Getting an MBA abroad was on my bucket list. I expect it will broaden my horizon and enrich my personal and professional life by learning with classmates from diverse background. Secondly, as a professional accountant, I have been passionate about how my expertise in finance can assist a company’s business to grow further. The practical course in Nanyang MBA offers me an opportunity to develop fundamental business acumen, which will act as a springboard to a higher level in finance.

So far, everything in Singapore is new to me. I feel like my brain is sweating every day for hard work. I am excited to see what I can achieve in this intensive program.

Humans of MBA – Vidya

Taking on the Dynamic World from an Introvert to an MBA Trailblazer

Vidya Balasubramaniam pursued an MBA to take her career and life to the next level. She has groomed herself to adapt to the dynamic world and has worked in the Human Capital Management domain at Citi Group.

Why did you choose to do MBA?

I pursued an MBA to take my career and life to the next level!

Flashback to my journey until now, I would say that from being the ‘most peaceful introvert of the class’ to coming out of my shell, I have presented myself per the dynamic world. Through exposure to various opportunities, I realised that the success of any venture rests on the PEOPLE working on it.

This motivated me to embark on my career with Citi Group in the Human Capital Management domain. Having witnessed how people-based decisions impact an enterprise’s overall strategy. I now wish to explore the other levers that drive strategy.

My MBA experience at NTU has allowed me to perfectly connect these dots by developing a strong business management understanding, networking with people from various backgrounds, building up leadership skills and accessing resources that can help me achieve my professional and personal goals. With an MBA under my belt, I’m confident that it will open doors for me and positively contribute to any organisation I’m part of – now or in the future.

Above all, with each day in a new country, I am learning more about myself and the world around me – something which would not have been possible if I had stayed within my comfort zone at home!

Humans of MBA – Audrey

Paving the Way for Sustainability

Audrey Yip saw an opportunity to upskill and pursue her interest through the MBA programme as the world focuses more on sustainability. The inspiring story of leaving one’s home country to invest in oneself motivates our cohort. Don’t be afraid of believing in yourself.

Why did you choose to do MBA?

Honestly, I never thought I would have a chance to study MBA. Since Nanyang Business School first launched a Sustainability track in the MBA programme, my pursuit of ESG & Sustainability brought me here. More than that, leaving my hometown and company to study abroad as a full-time student is another miracle in 2022.

I am very grateful to meet many passionate professors and friends from all over the world and different industries at NTU and they all inspired me and strive to be better in all areas of my life. I feel abundant and thankful to be a student at NTU!

Humans of MBA – ALi Jenhsuan

Discovering More in the Hub of Tech and Finance

The desire to find new opportunities and a fascination with the local industry intrigued Leo to pursue an MBA in Singapore. A hub for tech and financial businesses, the country has played a critical role in the decision for Leo to come to South Asia to explore more.

Why did you choose to do MBA?

One of the primary drivers behind my decision to pursue an MBA programme in Singapore was my desire to look for new opportunities that would change my life. Additionally, because my previous position required me to collaborate with Singaporean co-workers frequently, I had the opportunity to learn more about both the local industry and the way of life of Singaporeans.

Knowing that Singapore has become the Asia hub, particularly for tech businesses and financial institutions, has drawn a variety of expertise to the country to help improve society. And this also became one of the main motives that brought me to South Asia to investigate other ways of life.

Navigating Unique Business Challenges with Design Thinking and Leadership

To Shubham Agarwal, all companies have their challenges and issues to solve. Getting an MBA from NTU will allow him to hone his problem-solving skills, accelerate his business acumen and expand his network globally.

Why did you choose to do MBA?

During my four years of work experience, I realised that each business problem is unique and requires root cause analysis. I understood the need to enhance my strategy and project management skills when supporting big marketing and sales teams across various geographies.

An MBA allows me to orchestrate my path to evolve into a decisive global leader in by enhancing my design thinking and business modelling, it provides me a platform to build bonds with a diverse cohort of thought leaders and Alumni representing multiple nationalities.

Nanyang MBA

The Nanyang MBA is a flexible 12-month or 18-month programme designed to fuel your growth into a future-ready leader equipped with the skills needed to excel in a global, digital environment. The programme aims to develop impactful, culturally adept leaders who embrace the connection between business, technology, and innovation to excel in global environments and adapt to each new wave of digital change.