Dr Dino Accoto (MS Mech Eng 1998, PhD 2002 in Biorobotics from Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, Pisa – Italy) is associate professor at the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at NTU. Formerly he was at Universita’ Campus Bio-Medico di Roma (UCBM, Rome, Italy), where he also served as deputy chair for the MS program in Biomedical Engineering. Before joining UCBM he was assistant professor of Bioengineering at Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna di Pisa (Pisa, Italy) and visiting researcher at Stanford University (CA, USA).
He co-authored more than 120 peer-reviewed full-length papers. He is also the main inventor of more than 10 patent families and the co-founder of two spin-off companies, respectively active in the fields of microengineering and rehabilitation robotics.
Development of robotic technologies for human wellbeing investigating:
- robot design (from components to systems)
- soft-robotics and embodied intelligence
- physical and cognitive human-robot interaction
Robotics for advancing human well-being
- Rossini M, Valentini S, Portaccio I, Campolo D, Fasano A, ACCOTO D. Localization of drilling tool position through bone tissue identification during surgical drilling. Mechatronics. 2020 May 1;67:102342.
- ACCOTO D, Laschi C, Guglielmelli (2015) Embodied Intelligence in the Biomechatronic Design of Robots, Future of Scientific Practice “Bio-Techno-Logos”, Pickering & Chatto (Publishers) Limited, 21 Bloomsbury Way, London WC1A 2TH (2015)
- ACCOTO D, Sergi F, Tagliamonte NL, Carpino G, Sudano A, Guglielmelli E. Robomorphism: a nonanthropomorphic wearable robot. IEEE Robotics & Automation Magazine. 2014 Dec 18;21(4):45-55.
- 2019-2024: Intelligent smartphone-centric robots for trust-based interaction (PI)
- 2019-2021: Intelligent Human-Robot interface for upper limb wearable robots (PI)
- 2019-2020: Robotic Foot Testing Equipment (PI)
- 2018-2021: Building blocks for the next generation soft robots (PI)
- 2018-2021: Smart Rehabilitation Exosuits for Clinic and Home Assistance (PI)
- Nurture your own ideas before diving into others’ ideas.
- Given a problem, do not just look for a solution: try to find the best solution.
- Take your dreams seriously, be creative: do what inspires you, the way you like it.
|GOAL 3: GOOD HEALTH AND WELL-BEING – Ensuring healthy lives and promoting the well-being for all at all ages is essential to sustainable development.|
|GOAL 9: INDUSTRY, INNOVATION, AND INFRASTRUCTURE – Investments in infrastructure are crucial to achieving sustainable development.|
|GOAL 12: RESPONSIBLE CONSUMPTION AND PRODUCTION – Responsible Production and Consumption.|