IATUL 2012 Conference BlogThe 2012 conference blog for International Association of Scientific and Technological University Libraries
Founded in 1955, the IATUL (International Association of Scientific and Technological University Libraries) is an international forum for the exchange of ideas on library matters related to technological universities around the world.
In 2012, IATUL organized its conference in Asia for the first time. This indicates the increasing engagement of member libraries in this region. The conference was organised by the Nanyang Technological University Libraries in Singapore. Given that the theme of this conference is “Library strategies for new generation of users”, a great number of social media tools were employed to engage the users.
- Image slider: a moving slider to highlight best work. At the bottom of the slider there is a text line space to add quotes or message
- Video Live Streaming: live streaming of the three keynotes and the social media forum for attendees who are not able to attend the sessions in person
- Twitter Feed: mash up of live tweets and Flickr-images under #IATUL2012
- Map Integration: embed customised Google map showing where all conference participants are from and also provide directions to the conference venue
- Publicity management: options to add banner images to sidebar and ads to post pages