Employer: National Library Board Singapore
At the National Library Board (NLB), our commitment is to bring the world’s knowledge to Singapore and to create a positive social and economic impact beyond expanding the learning capacity of the nation. Powering the knowledge-based economy with an extensive network of libraries and information centres, NLB offers an environment that fuels your imagination and passion for a rewarding career.
Position: Manager/Assistant Manager (Public Library Services)
This is a contract position.
• Oversee, manage a public library and ensure that the day-to-day operations of the branch is smoothly and efficiently carried out
• Plan and promote library services
• Establish and build close relationship with the communities served
• Initiate and conduct surveys on collection development and ensure library collections are up to date
• Supervise and manage staff to ensure good service to the public
• Upkeep service standards and service quality to the public
• Possess a Bachelor Degree with 5 to 8 years of relevant experience
• Possess a Master of Science in Information Studies (MSc).
Position: Associate Librarian/Librarian (Public Library Services)
The incumbent will be required to perform shift work. Successful candidates will be placed on a contract employment.
• Provide advisory enquiry services & assist in determination of library user needs
• Implement reader-centered promotion strategies
• Develop and deliver information literacy based programmes; facilitate library programmes and events
• Put up book displays, conduct book talks & produce book summaries, reviews, annotated book lists
• Collate user feedback
• Assist in gathering information on collection trends
• Evaluate and review collection usage by compiling usage trend analysis
• Assist in collection stocktake, weeding and audit
• Provide user education, conduct school visits and library tours and conduct outreach activities
• Promote library services and facilities at external roadshows and exhibitions
• Establish community contacts and formulate collaborative projects
The incumbent should possess a good degree from recognized university with at least 1 to 2 years of relevant experience. Library qualifications such as Master of Science in Information Studies or Graduate Diploma in Information Science will be an advantage. A degree or experience in performing arts or event management is highly desirable.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.nlb.gov.sg/careers.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.