Position: Professional Librarian
Employer: The Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS)
The Institute of Southeast Asian Studies is a regional research centre dedicated to the study of socio-political, security and economic trends and developments in Southeast Asia and its wider geostrategic and economic environment.
The successful applicant joins a team managing a unique collection of library materials and private collections relating to Southeast Asia and the Asia Pacific. The Librarian will be required to be multi-tasking in responsibilities ranging from collection development to acquisition of library materials; subscription of serials and electronic resources; cataloguing of library materials; provision of user and reference services; compilation of bibliographies; indexing of documents; library computerized systems and databases.
• An accredited university degree and a post-graduate professional qualification in Library and/or Information Studies, preferably with at least five (5) years of experience in a Research Library.
• Knowledge of and at least five (5) years of experience with library systems and applications, relational database management systems (RDBMS) and digital repositories.
• Excellent English, and competency in one or more of the Southeast Asian languages and/or Chinese (Mandarin).
• Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills.
• Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated, resourceful, research and service-oriented.
• Experience in budget/fiscal planning in a Research Library.
Qualified applicants are required to write to Director, ISEAS (at the address stated below) stating qualifications, experience in all of the above requirements, last drawn gross salary and include a photograph and three referees letters.
Institute of Southeast Asian Studies
30 Heng Mui Keng Terrace, Singapore 119614
Closing Date: 9 December 2011