The Institute of Southeast Asian Studies is a regional research centre dedicated to the study of socio-political, security and economic trends and developments in Southeast Asia and its wider geostrategic and economic environment.
Applications are invited for the following position:
The ISEAS Library is looking for a person who is able to multi-task to be part of our Library’s team. The successful candidate will support the ISEAS Library in the following duties:
Support Library administration and management to facilitate effective and efficient operation and delivery of all the Library’s functions and services.
- Support Library administration and management to acquire, organize, maintain and process Library collections.
- Assist in good record and inventory keeping, and implementation and maintenance of Library policies and procedures.
- Participate in Library circulation and information services. Perform any duties as assigned commensurate with the level of the post.
- Perform any duties as assigned commensurate with the level of the post.
A Diploma in Information Studies/Diploma in Library Studies/Library and Information Assistant’s Certificate (City & Guilds of London Institute or NBDCS or equivalent);
- At least two years’ relevant working experience in library work;
- Computer literate and familiarity with library software;
- Cataloguing knowledge and experience;
- Good typing skills and oral and written communication skills in English, and at least one Southeast Asian language, or Chinese;
- Self-motivated, resourceful, able to work multi-task and complete tasks within short deadlines;
- Willing team player with interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Able to start work immediately or within short notice period.
Interested applicants should write to ISEAS Library, Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, Singapore, stating qualifications and experience in all of the above requirements, and last drawn basic salary. Provide a photograph, two references with their emails and telephone numbers. ONLY THOSE RESIDING IN SINGAPORE NEED TO APPLY.
If you have any queries, please contact Ms Lek Li Keng at 68702482.
ISEAS Library, Institute of Southeast Asian Studies
30 Heng Mui Keng Terrace, Singapore 119614
Tel: 68702401 Fax: 67756184 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date : 13 June 2012
(Only short-listed candidate will be notified)