Position: High School Librarian
Employer: St. Joseph’s Institution International
• To manage both the Riady and Lasalle Libraries in such a way as to create welcoming and stimulating learning environments conducive to effective study and independent learning.
• To provide support to students and staff to help them make best use of library resources both in and beyond curriculum time.
• To promote reading throughout the school
This is a full-time role.
• To oversee the selection, ordering and cataloguing of all Library resources.
• To manage the Library budget.
• To maintain an attractive and welcoming Library environment.
• To coordinate regularly changing displays in the Library to link with events, festivals and aspects of the curriculum.
• To supervise the Libraries in such a way to ensure that a high quality working environment is maintained.
• To oversee the work of the Assistant Librarian, acting as her line manager.
• To develop and lead a team of student librarians.
• To work closely with the Deputy Principals, the Heads of Faculty, the Heads of Grade and the Head of the Personal, Social Education (PSE) programme to ensure that the Library is supporting their aims and initiatives.
• To work closely with all teaching staff to encourage them to enjoy using the Library’s resources.
• To develop an understanding of both the IGCSE and IB Diploma programmes (including the IB Learner Profile), and to develop resources to support them.
• To plan and stage special Library events to promote reading in the school.
• To offer Library orientation sessions for new students and teachers.
• To develop online Library resources using Moodle and other platforms (including Destiny Quest).
• To maintain an interesting and attractive Library presence on the School website.
• To undertake regular personal professional development in order to keep up to date with educational developments related to the role.
The successful applicant will be:
• An experienced (School) Librarian
• Capable of establishing a good rapport with teenage students
• An efficient administrator
• A confident user of Library Systems, such as Destiny Quest
• An excellent communicator
• An energetic enthusiast with a genuine passion for learning
• A sense of humour
• A willingness to learn
• The ability to work as part of a team
• A holder of a recognised qualification as a Librarian
• A high level of IT competency
• International school experience (High School or College level)
• Some understanding of the International Baccalaureate
Interested applicants are invited to email their
cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, stating current &
expected salaries and a recent photo to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state “Position of Librarian”
as the Subject matter on the email. Only short listed candidates will be notified.