About

Felipe García

Biography:

I gained my B.Sc. in chemistry in 2000; followed by an M.Sc. in 2001 chemistry at Oviedo University (Spain). After a short internship at BASF (Ludwigshafen, Germany). Afterwards, I moved to the University of Cambridge to carry out my graduate studies as a Cambridge European Trust and Newton Trust Scholar under the supervision of Prof. Dominic Wright, a leading expert in Main Group Chemistry working in ‘Main group Imides and Phosphides’ (July 2006). In 2005 I was awarded a non-stipendiary Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) at Wolfson College (Cambridge University) which allowed me to expand my research horizons to ‘Photoactive materials’ and  ‘Inverse coordination of metal salts’. In September 2006 I was appointed as a College Lecturer in Inorganic Chemistry at Newnham and Trinity Colleges (Cambridge University). This teaching position sparked my interest in alternative pedagogical approaches. In March 2011, I moved to Nanyang Technological University as an Assistant Professor. where I developed different aspects of main group chemistry: (i) Main group Mechanochemistry, (ii) Novel Main Group Complexes frameworks and materials and (iii) main group mitochondrial delivery vectors. In 2022, I will move back to my alma mater (i.e., University of Oviedo) as a Margarita Salas Senior researcher (funded by FiCYT). The Margarita Salas Senior programme is a new scheme from the Foundation for the Promotion in Asturias of Applied Scientific Research and Technology (FICYT) to attract highly qualified well-established researchers to R&D and Higher Education institutions in the Principality of Asturias (Spain).

Research Publications CV