Instructions for Final Year Projects (FYP) Submission
- ADM Portfolio – A place to best exhibit your FYP visually in the digital space
ADM Portfolio is a unique collection of creative works by students at NTU School of Art, Design and Media (ADM). It was specially designed in collaboration between ADM and NTU Libraries.
- DR-NTU – A place to archive your written FYP Reports
DR-NTU, or Digital Repository NTU, is “an online digital archive that stores and provides access to academic and research publications of staff and students of NTU”. As follows are what you need to know to submit to DR-NTU.
The general FYP submission process…
To facilitate the production of the Gradshow Catalogue and other publicity materials, you will need to do the following (even if you have not completed your FYP):
- Create (or update) your profile on ADM Portfolio.
- Prepare and submit preliminary details of your FYP to ADM Portfolio. Details include project title and description, pictures, screenshots and/or trailers, name(s) of supervisor, keywords and techniques.
When you are ready to submit your FYP, you will do the following:
- Compile your FYP Report and submit to DR-NTU
- Update the pre-submitted content of your FYP on ADM Portfolio
- Substantiate your FYP submission on ADM Portfolio by adding about two to three of your most significant works completed during your 4-year journey in ADM.
Pre-submission of ADM Final Year Projects (FYP)
Content to prepare for pre-submission
- Full name, NTU username and key roles played* of each student
- Group name, if any*
- Teaching faculty (for coursework) or supervisor(s) for Final Year Projects (FYP)
- Award(s) or recoginition(s), if any
- Contact information (i.e. email addresses)
- Websites and social profiles (e.g. OSS, Facebook, LinkedIn, Behance, etc.)
*Applicable for group submission only
- Title of project
- Abstract or summary of what your project is about
- Keywords or phrases that describe or interprets the topic(s) your project expresses
- Material(s) or medium used n the project, if applicable
- Dimensions or duration of your project, if applicable
Images and Video(s)
- One featured image. The image should be compressed to web resolution of 72 dpi, and have a width of at least 1024px and height of no more 800px.
- Additional images to complement your project submission. Images can include video stills, screenshots, drawings to highlight processes, etc. Images should be in web resolution of 72 dpi and have a width of at least 1024px.
- A maximum of 8 images (FYP images only) that represent your project for the printing of the GradShow Catalogue. The images should be print-ready images at TIFF file format, 300 dpi with a maximum size of 1748px 2480px. Indicate one preferred image for thumbnail with ‘#’, i.e. fyptitle_image00_#.tif. The images are to be uploaded via a file-sharing platform such as Wetransfer, Google Drive and Dropbox. Provide the URL to download the images in the form.
- Film trailer or video to complement your project submission. Provide the URL to video trailer or video content hosted on YouTube or Vimeo preferably. Video hosted on other platforms can be provided with an embed code.
Pre-submission Procedures for submitting to ADM Portfolio
Login and Student Profile
By now, each of you should be registered with an account for ADM Portfolio. Otherwise, email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your NTU email, school and full name.
- Sign in using your NTU username and password provided (or click Login on the top left corner).
- On the top menu, select Create Profile and complete the form.
- On the top menu, select Submit Project and complete the form with the content prepared.
For Group Submissions...
Final Submission of ADM Final Year Projects (FYP)
Deadline: 14 May 2018
Your supervisor must have approved your report before you make the submission. In the event that your supervisor has instructed you to make changes, please ensure that those changes are made and the report is approved before making the submission. No hard copy submission is required.
Content to prepare for Final Submission
Before you dash off to upload the report, please draft a structured abstract with the following information:
- Purpose of project: What are the reason(s) or aims for doing the project?)
- Design/Methodology/Approach: How are the objectives achieved? Include the main method(s) used for the project. What is the approach to the topic and what is the theoretical or subject scope of the project?
- Findings: What was discovered when working on the project? Analysis / discussion / results?
- Originality/Value: What is new in your project? State the value of your product and to whom?
Add the following information after your abstract:
- Specialisation: Digital Animation / Digital Filmmaking / Interactive Media / Photography and Digital Imaging / Product Design / Visual Communication?
Keywords: Keywords act as search terms. Use the right keywords that are specific or best reflect your project. To get you started, you may choose any of the keywords in the table or come up with your own. Note no more than SEVEN keywords in total.
Photography and Digital Imaging
FYP Report (Refer to the report template here)
- Minimum word count is 1,500. Maximum is 6,000 (appendix not included in word count). Each area has their own criteria for the number of pages. Check with the respective FYP coordinators regarding this.
- The report must include a Cover Page. Use the front page of the report template in .doc file for Cover Page. Do not change the typeface for the Cover Page, it has to be Times New Roman only. This document is an explicit style guide for your report.
- Ensure that the page layout of your report is in Portrait (or vertical) orientation
- Save as or convert the full text of your report to unsecured PDF format
- Compile your report into a single file (i.e. put appendices, tables, bibliography, etc., together and not as separate items)
- Name report file as:
ADM[Year of enrolment].[Year of project].[Matriculation Number]
– e.g. ADM08.12.081997C17.pdf
- Accompanying materials (e.g. video, audio, etc.) in digital format are to be uploaded as separate files, preferably in common multimedia formats. For video file submission, include a .mp4 version in addition to the original video format for online streaming purpose.
Append letters “a”, “b”, “c”, etc.
– e.g. 08.12.081997C17a.mp4
If your file size is above 100MB or you are unable to submit via DR-NTU due to heavy network traffic, save your files in a CD or DVD and hand it to ADM Library Service Desk in an envelope addressed to:
Office of Information, Knowledge and Library Services
(Scholarly Publishing & Impact)
50 Nanyang Avenue, NS3-05, Singapore 639798
Final Submission Procedures for submitting to ADM Portfolio
Here are the steps to submit the content to DR-NTU and ADM Portfolio.
… for DR-NTU
Login to DR-NTU
- Go to DR-NTU – http://repository.ntu.edu.sg
- Sign in using your NTU username and password
Submission of FYP Report
- Go to My Account > Submissions. Click “Start a new submission”
- Choose “ADM Student Reports (FYP/IA/PA/PI)”, from the drop-down menu. Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Describe your project. Under Abstract, insert the structured abstracted that you have prepared.
- Upload the files
- Review and Complete the process
- Log out
If you encounter any problems or require clarification, please email email@example.com.
… for ADM Portfolio
Login to ADM Portfolio
- Sign in using your NTU username and password (or click Login on the top left corner).
Update the pre-submitted content of your FYP on ADM Portfolio
- Locate your pre-submitted project. Click on EDIT to update the project information of your FYP. Make sure all information is correct and complete.
Add other outstanding works to your individual profile
- Similar to FYP submission, select Submit Project from the top menu. Complete the form.