My health informatics projects are focused on:
- New project (Aug 1, 2020): Live Reviews of COVID-19 Research: Automatic Updating and Visualization of Rapid Reviews of COVID-19 Interventions and Treatments
- Old projects
- Types of drug information on social media sites, in comparison with authoritative health information sites
- Information extraction of adverse drug reactions from consumer drug reviews
Consumer drug reviews
- Chew, S.H., & Khoo, C.S.G. (2016). Comparison of drug information on consumer drug review sites versus authoritative health information Websites. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 67(2), 333-349. (Available at: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/asi.23390/abstract) [PDF]
- Khoo, C.S.G., Anurup, B., Rasmi, A., Ranjani, T., & Johnkhan, S.B. (2016). Sentence categorization of consumer drug reviews to identify efficacy and side effect information: A preliminary study of psychotropic drugs. In Proceedings of the 7th Asia-Pacific Conference on Library & Information Education & Practice (A-LIEP 2016) (pp. 206-217). Nanjing, China: School of Information Management, Nanjing University. [PDF]
- Goeuriot, L., Na, J.C., Min Kyaing, W.Y., Khoo, C.S.G., Theng, Y.-L., Chang Y.-K., & Foo, S. (2011). Textual and informational characteristics of drug-related content on three kinds of websites: Drug review website, discussion board and hospital information portal. International Journal of Organizational and Collective Intelligence (IJOCI), 2(3), 27-49.
- Na, J.C., Kyaing, W.Y.M., Khoo, C.S.G., Foo, S., Chang, Y.-K., & Theng, Y.L. (2012). Sentiment classification of drug reviews using a rule-based linguistic approach. In Proceedings of ICADL (International Conference on Asian Digital Libraries) 2012, Taipei (Lecture Notes in Computer Science, v. 7634, pp. 189-198). Berlin: Springer-Verlag.