There is a wealth of library resources available to support your learning and research needs! You can access these resources anytime anywhere. Here’s a selection of resources to start you off:
- Chemistry Subject Guide
A one-stop information and resource guide! This subject guide contains useful information and links to Chemistry-related information and resources.
- News Databases
To access newspaper archives online, you can select “News” (under “Subject List”) from the database page. The following newspaper archives would be relevant for this subject:
A discovery platform that allows users to search across different information sources such as databases, library catalogue, digital repositories and others.
- NTU Libraries Youtube Channel
What do we have for you?
- Library How-to Guides:
These videos are a good place to start for familiarising yourself with the library. Among other things, you learn how to access past years’ exam papers, print materials from common PCs, pay library fines, and book learning facilities.
- NTU Library Catalogue: The Library Catalogue enables you to look for specific materials (e.g. audiovisual materials and books in the reserves collection) easily. It also has other functions such as allowing you to reserve and renew books online. Access the videos to find out how it’s a good complement to OneSearch.
- EndNote Video Tutorials: If you have questions about importing information from other sources into EndNote, these videos are a lifesaver!
- Library How-to Guides:
Chemistry Institutions and Societies
- American Chemical Society
The American Chemical Society (ACS) is a professional association based in the United States. Its mission is to support scientific inquiry in the field of chemistry.
- Chemical Institute of Canada
The Chemical Institute of Canada is a Canadian professional umbrella organisation for chemists, chemical engineers and chemical technologists.
- International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry
The International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) is a scientific, international and non-governmental body that serves to advance the worldwide aspects of the chemical sciences. It also aims to contribute to the application of chemistry in the service of mankind.
- Royal Society of Chemistry – Chemistry World
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is a professional association based in the United Kingdom. Its goal is to advance the chemical sciences.
- Singapore National Institute of Chemistry
The Singapore National Institute of Chemistry (SNIC) is a national body for the chemical profession in Singapore. You can view their publication – Chemistry – An Asian Journal online.