About the Author

Hello! I’m Kian Shin. A 4th year Public Policy and Global Affairs undergraduate and doing a Second Major in Psychology.

I’ve a keen interest in International Relations and often find myself looking at why conflict and cooperation occurs between states. As such, I thought to bring the realm of IR into Conservation Psychology. Part of the solution regarding the conservation issues we face require the implementation of government policies and regulations. However, the government doesn’t have a magic wand to turn things into reality.

I chose this topic in part to inform others about the complexities of conservation issues and the role of governments. This isn’t to defend the inaction of governments but rather to inform the public on how and where best to make their voices heard.

In my spare time, you can usually find me running around the neighbourhood parks or hiking around nature trails.

Do reach out to me at kng052@e.ntu.edu.sg if you’d like to discuss more or have a conversation about  environmental issues and policy.