Division of MarketingNanyang Business School
Talks by Industry Leaders
Nanyang Business School (NBS) welcomed Mr François-Henry Bennahmias, CEO of Audemars Piguet, as Dean’s Distinguished Speaker to give a talk on “Fostering Human Talents to Create the Extraordinary” on 8 October 2019. Mr Bennahmias, a strong advocate for education, shared his leadership experiences and invaluable advice with more than 80 NBS students, alumni, faculty and staff.
NBS Marketing Division spearheaded the “High Profile Speaker Series” – bringing high profile industry speakers to NBS – in order to strengthen school-industry linkages and raise NBS’ profile amongst key industry sectors.
The first speaker of the series was Mr Kishore Parthasathy, who is Head of Marketing Science for South East Asia at Facebook. Over 60 NBS faculty, staff and students attended his talk on 31 October 2019.
MKT faculty in Industry Forums and Workshops
Asst Prof Charlene Chen, Assoc Prof Elison Lim, Assoc Prof Lewis Lim and Dr Lynda Wee shared their perspectives on business strategies for retailers beyond Covid-19 at a webinar organised by the Singapore Retailers Association in May 2020.
Professor Gemma Calvert gave a keynote address at Indonesia’s first Neuromarketing conference “Neurosummit 2020” in February 2020.
Dr. Wong King Yin was invited to be a speaker in Applied Learning Conference 2020 held in January 2020.
Professor Gemma Calvert explained the psychology of impulse buying in an interview with 2ser.com in December 2019.
Asst Prof Charlene Chen was invited to give a talk on “The Rise of Millennial Consumers: Decoding the ‘Me Me Me’ Generation” to members of the Hong Kong Singapore Business Association and the Columbia University Club of Singapore in November 2019.
Assoc Prof Lewis Lim, Asst Prof Charlene Chen and Dr Wong King Yin were invited to share the implications of changing expectations of healthcare consumers and the future of healthcare with senior management of the Raffles Medical Group in September 2019.
Professor Gemma Calvert was speaker at the IAB (Interactive Advertising Bureau) Workshop on Creativity, Culture & Commerce held in September 2019.
Asst Prof Mansur Khamitov was a panelist in the Mumbrella Finance Marketing Summit held in August 2019.
Assoc Prof Lewis Lim moderated a panel discussion on “Aligning Pricing, Sales and Marketing to Achieve Commercial Excellence Synergies” at the 5th Asia Pricing & Revenue Management Summit in August 2019.
Assoc Prof Lewis Lim, Prof Boh Wai Fong, Assoc Prof Hooi Den Huan and Dr Boey Yew Tung shared their expertise and insights on digitalisation and branding to more than 60 Singapore Food Manufacturing Association members and NBS alumni at the Digitalisation for the Food Manufacturing Industry workshop in May 2019.
Assoc Prof Hooi Den Huan spoke about Branding in Times of Rapid Changes during the inaugural Lunch & Learn organised by Singapore Prestige Brand Awards in April 2019.
Professor Gemma Calvert was the keynote speaker for many workshops, conferences and forums, such as Riga StratCom Dialogue for NATO in June 2018, Neuromarketing World Forum in March 2018, Procter & Gamble Workshop on Innovation UK in February 2018, Qual 360 Marketing Conference in October 2017.
Dr Lewis Lim was the speaker at the 2016 Business Times-Canon Think Big Leadership Series “Outlook 2017” Conference, Singapore.
MKT Faculty commentaries in the media:
- Reframing lifestyle marketing for three post-pandemic “new normal” scenarios, by Lewis Lim and Charlene Chen. (WARC, May 2020)
- How Alderfer’s E.R.G. Theory can inform post-coronavirus strategy for brands, by Mansur Khamitov. (WARC, February 2020)
- Rush on stores – panic buying or exerting control? by Charlene Chen and Andy Yap. (Business Times, 29 February 2020)
- How Technology Influences Consumer Behavior and Psychology by Gemma Calvert. (Talking Point, Mediacorp Channel 5, 15 Aug 2019)
- Should One Invest in Brand Loyalty to Drive Customer Loyalty? by Mansur Khamitov. (Marketing in Asia, 26 June 2019)
- Will Plans to Rejuvenate Orchard Road Work? by Wong King Yin. (TODAY, 14 June 2019)
- More Accurate Ways to Nurture Brand Loyalty, by Mansur Khamitov. (Money FM, 25 April 2019)
- Is Cash Really King? by Mansur Khamitov. (The Business Times, 29 March 2019)
- Industry heroes: Alan George Lafley of Procter & Gamble – one of the ‘most lauded CEOs in history’, by Mansur Khamitov. (Mumbrella, 20 March 2019)
- Commentary: Who on Earth still buys Counterfeit Brabded Goods? by Sharon Ng (CNA, 27 November 2018)
- Cracking the Code: Secrets of Neuromarketing Revealed, by Gemma Calvert. (Money FM, September 2018)
- Acing Consumer Behaviour: It’s not about How Much It Costs but How Well It Fits, by Thomas Allard (Transfin, 7 February 2018)
- Is the happiness you seek the same as mine? Marketing & happiness across different cultures, by Charlene Chen, Y.
(INSIGHT+, 20 June, 2016)
- Insta-gratification: Cafes seek success in a Snap, by Charlene Chen, Y.
(Channel News Asia, 4 October, 2016)