Blogs @ NTU
One Platform, Many Possibilities
What is blogs@NTU?
blogs@NTU is a service by OIKLS to provide a campus-wide blogging and publishing platform for the Nanyang Technological University community.
Blogs can be used for a multitude of purposes – disseminate and showcase your research, provide engaging learning opportunities, promote programmes or events, interact with a global community, and countless other possibilities.
Faculty, students and administrative staff can request for a blog to support their teaching, research, marketing or community-building activities.
By leveraging on the popular WordPress platform, it is easy for a user to start a blog. The library provides support to bring users up to speed with the latest blog features and trends in social media. Obviously for novices to blogging, this service could help them cut down learning time in building their blogs so that they can focus on what they want to achieve through a blog.
As the open source blogging platform continues to evolve over time, librarians can advise bloggers on the latest relevant feature that can enhance their blogs. Furthermore, librarians have skills in organising information which can help bloggers to structure their content better or even provide links to connect to content provided by the library.
Imagine the Possibilities
Click on the category headers below to visit our directory and see the different types of sites that have been created on blogs@NTU!
- Academic profiles can be used to increase your online visibility
- Research sites allow you to showcase the output of your group
- Course blogs lets your students have online interaction with each other
- Community blogs provide a place for students to share their activities
- Graduate blogs lets graduates show their research experience or projects
- Showcases allows a school to display a wide range of their student works
- Admin sites can be used as specialised micro-sites for admin initiatives
- Event sites can be used to host conference information and papers
- Library blogs disseminate information like research data management
What Do NTU Users Say?
I asked students for feedback about the blog this year and all of them absolutely LOVE it. They say it’s so much easier for them to find the material that they need because it’s all in one spot.
Asst Prof Judith Walls (Nanyang Business School)
AB0603 Business Gone Green Course Blog
Why use blogs@NTU
These are some of the services that we offer
We provide advice on blog design and workflow, organisation of content and integration with various social media tools.
We carefully curate and offer a collection of attractive themes and plugins for you to create engaging and interactive blog sites.
Use blogs@NTU as a platform to showcase your research, share about your latest events, and enable new ways of learning among your students.
Use blog analytics and altmetric widgets to track your blog visitors and gain insights about your content and social impact.