About Team Alpha

Aashika Treesa Saju
U1423018H
School of Computer Engineering (Computer Science Major)
Year 1
My name is Aashika and I come from India. My major is computer science and I’ve taken this course as an elective as I’m genuinely interested in chemistry, I’ve been since high school. One fact about me is that I’m probably the youngest student in NTU, being only 18, as compared to all my other peers who are 19 and above! I hope to learn a lot from this course and broaden my knowledge in chemistry.

royalty-free-border-clipart-illustration-1056108

Ahmad Suhaimi Bin Ahmad Ishak
U1440973F
School of Biological Sciences
Year 1
I am a geek who lusts for knowledge and no entity in this observable universe could ever satiate that hunger. I yearn to understand how the universe works, its mechanics, its beauty and study the very atoms that make me who I am. Since I could remember, I have always loved physics, its historical discoveries, philosophies and the pure logic in mankind’s attempt to contemplate the universe. Yet I chose biology as a major, simply because it is an art to me. It is to me, nature’s way of expressing itself in the rawest most unedited forms given the canvas of physics brushed by chemistry.

Alicia Ho Zi Xian
U1340873H
School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
Year 2
Major: Chemistry and Biological Chemistry
Chemistry has always been my favourite subject even though it may be difficult to understand and I absolutely love it, especially anything that’s related to organic chemistry. Even though the curriculum may be tough, I believe that my passion for it will be able to overcome the challenging modules. One of the reasons why I chose this module was because I was very interested to find out how science has shaped our society as a whole, and especially how chemistry has impacted our society as a whole. Hence I hope to learn more and understand more as well from this module to further fuel my passion for chemistry!

Ruth Lee Hui Ern
U1330934L
Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information
Year 2
The media plays a very important role in society, it can influence major decisions, affect a person’s perception and highlight important situations. Most people do not realize it but they are actually swayed by the media. This is why I choose to study in my school. I believe that if there is a need to inform people about an issue, the media would be the fastest and probably the most efficient way to do so. What I enjoy about this module is the fact that it links the concepts and applies it to real life situations. Chemistry has never been my strongest subject, I find it extremely challenging but I hope that this module would change my impression of it!

Siti Nur Aishah Binte Mohamad Zainudin
U1340283E
Mathematical Sciences (Statistics Major)
Year 2
Mathematics has been my favourite subject since I was in secondary school. So, I made a promise to myself that I’ll do anything that is math-related when i grow up. And.. it started when i got accepted to study Mathematical Sciences in NTU. Hopefully, with this degree, I will be able to land my dream job! Be it, a teacher or an analyst, anything will do! Also, I would consider myself as an introvert. I prefer spending time alone at home as compared to out partying with friends. It’s the peace and tranquility that i’m attracted to. Finally, I hope to learn as much as I can from this course and apply it whenever possible in the near future! ^.^

YONG JING YEN
U1440139B
School of biological science
Year 1
The process of conducting lab works excite me the most as different results will end up in every experiment. Thus,it intrigue me in analyzing my data and train me to have critical thinking. I wish to be a researcher in BIOPOLIS in the future! 🙂