Student life is all about balancing work and play. When you aren’t studying or busy with club activities, it’s always fun to sit in a coffee shop with your friends or even for some quality alone time. NBS students are spoiled for choice with their options of hanging out zones. The campus recreation facilities include several coffee shops and eateries.
Here are 5 student-friendly cafes that you’ll love.
- Pitchstop: This café is known for its delicious wood-fired pizzas that come with every possible topping you could ask for. And you get to choose between indoor and outdoor seating areas. If you decide to go for the alfresco seating to enjoy the sunshine or scenery, you’ll find large tables that are great for big groups of friends sharing a meal and conversation at the café.
- The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf: Located across the Nanyang Auditorium, this coffee shop is no stranger to you. There are outlets across Singapore, but this one holds a special place in the lives of NBS students. It is a favourite for a great studying environment with a cosy feel. While the coffee shop chain introduces new items to the menu on a regular basis, it also encourages students to spend as much time as they want to, sipping coffee and getting work done.
- Spruce Bistro: Housed in the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information, this coffee shop has lots of pocket-friendly options. For example, in one particular month, students could opt for a tea or coffee combo with cupcake or cookie at just 5 dollars. And there are often bar combos including beer or wine and a snack. If you keep your eyes on their Facebook page, you won’t miss a thing. Don’t forget to sample the nacho chips with their signature salsa.
- Art Pastry: Conveniently located in the School of Art, Design and Media (ADM), this weekday coffee shop is popular with both vegetarians and non-vegetarians. If you aren’t looking to satisfy your sweet tooth with a pastry, you’ll find healthy, light meals throughout the day. Be sure to try their bento boxes and cookies.
- Co-Op Café @ The Hive: This is the perfect destination for a leisurely meal on your own or with friends. So if you’re looking for an extensive menu and a place to hang out, head on over. The menu has everything from western to Asian fare including fusion food like Tom Yum Pasta. Plus, Toby’s Estate coffee is available here. What more could you want?
Remember that the campus life will be a big part of your MBA experience. And most NBS students end up having a favourite coffee shop. They spend lots of time there during the MBA programme and sometimes even return for a visit when they are in town after graduation.
So here’s wishing you happy times on the campus!