What copyright issues should I be aware of before I sign that publishing and license contract agreement for my upcoming book/journal article?

How do I use online resources, databases etc for my teaching and research legally – without getting myself into legal trouble?

To help researchers answer questions such as these, the School Of Electrical and Electronic Engineering had invited librarians from OIKLS’ Scholarly Publishing and Communication team to share with their faculty and researchers on these bread and butter issues.

The “Copyright Workshop for EEE Faculty”, will be held on 7 September 2018, from 12 pm to 2pm. This two-hour sharing session will cover two important areas.

The first section will focus on publishing related sharing – ie. what issues that you as a researcher need to be aware of to avoid copyright infringement when publishing. This also includes tips on how to sign the data copyrights for DR-NTU (Data), the institutional open access research data repository for Nanyang Technological University (NTU).

The second section will focus on teaching and research related copyright issues – how to use materials found on online, databases etc. for courses and research legally.

We look forward to sharing our copyright knowledge with NTU EEE faculty members on that day!

If you are not from EEE but have similar questions, contact us at spi@ntu.edu.sg.