Position: Library Specialist, Institutional Repository
Employer: SMU Singapore
The Library’s Institutional Repository team requires a contract staff for a one–year period to support the institutional repository services including the ResearcherID service, management of the new Faculty Gallery and populating of the repository and other databases with SMU generated content. The staff will also be expected to support the customer service team.
• Liaise with Office of Human resources and Faculty Administration , Office of Research and school administrators to gather faculty information to meet the needs of the Library in implementing faculty profile systems.
• Coordinate faculty profile data and their publication information in Endnote format
• Create faculty profiles (accounts) and upload data into ResearcherID and Faculty Gallery in InK (SMU repository)
• Follow-up on alerts from library databases such as Web of Science and Scopus such as check copyright permissions and contact faculty for papers
• Provide support for case and electronic dissertations and theses submission into ecch and ProQuest database respectively
• Perform common duties of library including:
– Circulation desk duties such as loans, reservations and membership management
– Answer general enquiries via email, telephone and face-to-face
– Provide support for interlibrary loan and document delivery services
– Maintenance of library collection and resources
• Provide administrative support and any other duties as assigned
The successful candidate may also be required to work a regular shift, including weekends, at the customer / information service desk and support the respective services.
• Minimum undergraduate degree in any one of the SMU disciplines, including Library Science or Information Studies
• Information research skills
• Computer skills
• Knowledge of Endnote or other bibliographic management software
• Strong customer service orientation
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Concise, articulate and confident in written and oral communications
• Organized, responsible, resourceful, enthusiastic and curious
• Able to work positively and productively with diverse agencies in an environment of rapid change
• Able to develop and maintain collaborative relations with faculty, staff and students
• Able to organize and analyze data
• Demonstrated ability to provide instructional presentations
• Personal strengths should include creativity, interest in innovation, flexibility with ability to work with minimum supervision in a growing team environment
How to Apply
Please email to email@example.com. We will be reviewing resumes as they arrive.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Singapore. Local term applies.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.