Postion: Deputy University Librarian
Employer: Nanyang Technological University
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, is a research-intensive university with globally acknowledged strengths in science and technology. NTU also has colleges of Humanities and Social Sciences and Business and a range of specialist centres and institutes. The 3,300 teaching and research staff also educate some 34,000 undergraduate and graduate students. NTU Libraries has 8 subject libraries dedicated to meeting the learning and research needs of staff and students.
The University is now inviting applications for the post of Deputy University Librarian who will assist the University Librarian with the strategic development, management and operations of the Libraries.
Responsibilities: The Deputy Librarian will:
• Act for and support the University Librarian
• Lead central services and subject library services units reporting to them
• Take responsibility for human resources and the training and development of around 103 staff and 220 casual student assistants
• Co-ordinate regional training programmes, exchanges and internships
• Support the development of quality improvement and performance measurement processes
• At least a Master’s degree in Library and Information Studies or other acceptable professional library qualification from a recognized university
• Extensive experience in an academic library at management level
• An in-depth knowledge of the key issues, trends and challenges in research and scholarly communications and information literacy
• Experience in a range of the above areas of responsibility
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Remuneration and conditions of service will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application.
Interested applicants should send in the completed application form, obtainable from http://www.ntu.edu.sg/hr/forms/AdminForm.doc, their curriculum vitae (including a list of their publications or evidence of professional accomplishment) and a brief letter of introduction by email to the University Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date of application is 12 Nov 2011 or when position is filled.
All applications will acknowledged but only shorted listed candidates will be informed of appointments for interviews.
For more information on NTU Library, please visit http://www.ntu.edu.sg/library.