Irving Paul Girsang
PhD (MAE) Batch 2011 (graduated)
|Research Topic: Modelling and Control for Load Mitigation of Wind Turbine Drivetrain
Research Summary: Integration of high fidelity drivetrain model with FAST. Design of torque and individual pitch controllers for variable-speed DFIG-based wind turbine
- I. P. Girsang and J. S. Dhupia, “Pitch control for wind turbine in yawed inflow condition,” in Proc. 2014 ASME Dynamic Systems and Control Conference, San Antonio, Texas, USA, October 2014.
- I. P. Girsang, J. S. Dhupia, M. Singh, V. Gevorgian, E.Muljadi, and J. Jonkman, “Impacts of providing inertial response on dynamic loads of wind turbine drivetrains,” in Proc. 2014 IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, September 2014.
- L. W. Y. Chua, I. P. Girsang, J. S. Dhupia, “Multi-SISO control to regulate constant power and mitigate drive-train load in wind turbine,” in Proc. 3rd IFToMM International Symposium on Robotics and Mechatronics, Singapore, October 2013.
- I. P. Girsang, J. S. Dhupia, E. Muljadi, M. Singh, and L. Y. Pao, “Gearbox and drivetrain models to study dynamic effects of modern wind turbines,” in Proc. IEEE Energy Conversion Congress & Expo, Denver, Colorado, USA, September 2013.
- I. P. Girsang and J. S. Dhupia, “Performance of linear control methods for wind turbines dealing with unmodeled structural modes,” in Proc. 2012 ASME Dynamic Systems and Control Conference, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA, October 2012.
- J. S. Dhupia and I. P. Girsang, “Correlation based estimation of cutting force coefficients for ball-end milling,” Proc. 8th International High Speed Machining Conference, Metz, France, December 2010.
- J. H. Ko, K. C. Shaw, I. P. Girsang, V. Ravi, and J. S. Dhupia, “Side-wall surface quality assessment for micro-end milling,” Proc. 2009 ASME International Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA, October 2009.